Sunday, October 16, 2005

Short, short introduction: I'm a newbie

For the first 6 months of TTC, I told myself not to worry. Not everyone gets lucky immediately. I told myself to 'just relax'. Once six months had gone by, I started to worry a bit and by the end of year 1 despair set in. Naturally, I turned to the internet for help.

I have somewhat irregular cycles, so I looked up information on natural family planning. I was hesitant about seeing an ob/gyn at that point. Instead I decided to chart my basal body temperature and inspect my mucous. A part of me hoped we just had bad timing and that everything would sort itself out. Not!

Another 6 months went by. We took a lovely, long, relaxing vacation. Still nothing, but what do you expect. That relaxing helps?
At least I now have a good respons to 'just relax' or 'just go on a nice holiday'. Been there, done that!

After 18 months the game was up, and I made an appointment with an ob/gyn.
By then I was roaring to get on the ART roller coaster.

So here we are, thrilled at this new beginning and exited with the prospect of all these possibilities just laying in front of us. No, wait. I'm depressed, angry, resentful, cynical and pessimistic.

Labels: