Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Pop said the

...egg.

The appointment with Dr. Sunshine went very well. The egg had already made a run for it, as I had predicted. At least, that is what the doctor said she saw on the u/s. She thought she saw the remains of a follicle on each ovary (o dear), but said it could be a small lingering cyst from the last cycle. My lining was good as well, so I'm all set for an exiting 2WW.

The current plan is to stick to Clomid for 4 cycles. Well the real plan is not to make it that far of course. If it doesn't work, I have an HSG to look forward to. :-/

The doctor said I don't need to go back for monitoring the next cycles. Is that normal? I talked on the phone to a friend of mine (PG after IVF) who said she had been monitored during each Clomid cycle.

Dr. Sunshine was her cheerful self. As she sent me on my way, she said she hoped to see me again soon for other reasons entirely. For once, her optimism didn't bother me, because I was feeling a bit elated myself. For the first time I felt that this treatment might actually work! It's been a while since I've felt optimistic about us becoming parents any time soon.
If it fails, I will be devastated. But I will have to endure the lows no matter what, so I might as well enjoy the few highs in between.

This is my first ride on the roller coaster, so forgive me for being giddy.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 08 November, 2005 23:52, Blogger zhl said...

Well, I wasn't monitored on my clomid cycles. Back then, I didn't know to ask. Then my RE only monitored one of my clomid/IUI cycles. As none of these worked, I would press for monitoring. You'd like to know if it's working. That's my assvice for today.

Sorry you've had to join the IF world, but welcome to the blogs. They're much more fun than IF.

 
At 09 November, 2005 01:14, Blogger Sparkle said...

I was never monitored at all either, just given the pills and told to take them. However, I was monitored for my regular cycle afterwards and had the same experience of seeing the follicle that had released an egg! Fingers crossed.

 
At 09 November, 2005 12:00, Anonymous thalia said...

I never did a pure clomid cycle, as ovulation didn't seem to be my problem. So the only time I took it was for IUI, when I took it with gonadotropins so they definitely monitored me! I'd get yourself monitored if you want it. Esp if dr sunshine is being so dismissive about BBT!

 
At 09 November, 2005 23:28, Blogger Lut C. said...

Thanks for the feedback. I have to call my doctor to get the results of my blood test Thursday or Monday. If I work up the courage, I'll ask her for some monitoring next cycle.

 

<< Home