Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Relaxation

I was chatting over on Persephone's blog the other day about relaxation techniques.

I like guided imagery a lot because it's easy and can be done anywhere discretely.
I imagine being at the seaside, smelling the salty air, watching the waves crash on the beach, feeling the sand ... My family all live close to the sea and consequently I've spent a lot of time playing on the beach as a child. Happy times.

This weekend we went to the coast to visit my relatives again. The weather was nice, so I took a stroll along the beach. I was shocked to see how different reality is from the picture in my head. I always picture myself alone on the beach, well I don't consciously add people to the picture, there's no need.
In reality, the beach is filled with people, generally parents with children. Blatant fertility, all over the place, no escape possible. It was actually quite upsetting.

I haven't used guided imagery to relax since we got back, but I hope this reality check doesn't ruin my safe haven. Nothing is safe from IF, is it.

I still have a lot to learn.

On the bright side, my family is doing well and it was nice to visit with them.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 02 November, 2005 19:19, Anonymous thalia said...

I wish I was disciplined enough to make time for things like guided imagery. Can you retrieve yours with just a nice quiet beach, in winter perhaps, with bare sands and still the sound of the crashing waves?

 
At 02 November, 2005 19:27, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I like to focus on the cute dogs, rather than the people.

 
At 03 November, 2005 23:02, Blogger Lut C. said...

The beach in winter is great. When it storms out at sea, the waves are high, crash down fiercely ... I really like it.

I must confess I don't make the time every day to do relaxation, though I should. I spend all my free time reading blogs, it appears.

Focusing on cute animals is a great idea. I'm more fond of cats myself.

 
At 04 November, 2005 06:12, Blogger LabiaLady said...

Hi Lut...
Glad you started a blog. Good luck with the clomid. I hope your ART experience is short and successful. May you see 2 pink lines soon...

 

<< Home