Thursday, December 08, 2005

Before the stick was even dry

Today, I was the victim of a drive-by PG announcement at work. To make matters worse, it came from the one person I really dislike (and its not just me).

This co-worker usually only communicates with us by phone, even when his office is the next door down the hall. So when he showed up today in person, I knew something was up. When he continued 'I have an announcement to make...' my heart sank. His wife is PG for the second time.

Lucky for me, I share an office with three co-workers who all made the appropriate enthusiastic noises. I conveniently hid behind my 'aggressive childfree person' facade.

The announcement came at the appropriate time, close to 3 months. But later in the day, A. one of my co-workers mentioned she had known for a couple of months, so basically before the stick was even dry. Not only that, he had told her as an excuse for his behavior, specifically making some arrangements behind A's back. Pardon me? So what was his excuse before? Not IF, because the kids will be perfectly spaced 2,5 years apart. And since when does the husband get to pull the PG card? In a perfectly normal PG?

If it were anybody else, I would be happy for them, as well as jealous. But this guy has ticked me off too many times, and the thought of being jealous of him revolts me.

This feels like a bad omen, a really bad one. In chutes and ladders for IF* its the square that says "a coworker you dislike gets PG, skip 6 turns".

Venting is good.


*I can't remember from who I stole this.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 08 December, 2005 23:33, Blogger Mony said...

Sigh....
My sympathies sweetie.
It's hard to hear of a pregnancy when it's someone you LOVE! Let alone a hateful co-worker.

 
At 09 December, 2005 20:27, Anonymous patricia said...

I hate that. I hate him, and I know what you mean about being jealous of someone who makes your skin crawl - it's so much worse.

Now, this is the first time I've read your blog and it is funny that I was the one that wrote that Chutes and Ladders post. Not that I wanted credit, but I just thought it was funny.

nice to find you.

 
At 10 December, 2005 00:30, Blogger ninaB said...

'aggressive childfree person'
yeah. That's me. Will you have to put up this guys updates for the next 6 months? I'm getting annoyed for you just thinking about it.
nina

 
At 10 December, 2005 18:48, Blogger Lut C. said...

Patricia, I just finished reading your archives, so it was indeed your Chutes and Ladders post I was referring to.

Nina, I hadn't even thought about updates. I'll see what to do about those, when it happens.
I was thinking that fortunately, I won't have to see a growing bump. Not this time.

 
At 14 December, 2005 20:47, Blogger Sandy said...

So sorry about the drive by ... they hurt! Just for good measure, I'm torturing myself today by watching Celine Dion (torture) on Oprah where they are profiling 'miracle babies', complete with Anne Geddes. Ick ick ick!!!

Thanks for all the support you give to me.

 
At 14 December, 2005 21:28, Blogger Lut C. said...

Sandy, move away from the tv!
You'll get an overdose.

My poison is Nanny 911. At least I don't feel jealous of THOSE kids. ;-)

 

<< Home