Wednesday, December 14, 2005

HELLO, wake up down there

I'm working on a more creative post, hopefully have it done this weekend.
For now just an update.

My BBT suggests that nothing has happened since the last u/s. Temperature hasn't gone up since then. Bad sign.

I haven't seen any EWCM in the past week. My cervix has been retracted and soft for a week.

HELLO, wake up down there! Oh forget it.

So either BBT doesn't work, as my OB/Gyn keeps insisting, or this cycle is going absolutely nowhere. I wavered for a while, but now I'm convinced its the latter.

Now I'm just twiddling my thumbs until this cycle ends. To take the edge off, I've suspended my own version of Prohibition. Just in time to enjoy the festivities for the end of the year. I expect the wait to take me well into the new year. Bottoms up!

Did I mention that this cycle marks 2 years of TTC? So if you're wondering why I gave up so easily, now you know.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 15 December, 2005 18:12, Blogger zhl said...

That sucks. I am impressed that you've stuck with the BBT for this long.

Cheers, I've given up on my prohibition, too. Wanna share a liter of beer?

 
At 17 December, 2005 18:14, Anonymous thalia said...

Sorry this doesn't seem to have worked. A bit of drinking won't hurt even if you are up the duff, so I'd go ahead with that decision.

It doesn't sound to me as if this clomid option is that great for you - why not move on to more intervention sooner?

 
At 18 December, 2005 12:07, Blogger Lut C. said...

Up the DUFF, haha. ;-) I suppose it's only a coincidence that DUFF is the beer brand in the Simpsons.

I'm all for more intervention. This is NOT timed intercourse. HAH!
Firstly, I think I should be getting monitored more closely. I'm also wondering why the dr. hasn't suggested using trigger shots. I suspect she was going to spring that on me after the first 4 clomid only cycles failed. Let's waste some time, shall we?

If that is the case, I need to pluck up my courage and get a second opinion.
In my mind that's a confrontational move, and I have a hard time confronting people.

Thanks for the support, :-)

 

<< Home