Sunday, December 18, 2005

Proverbs for the IF

No one likes a smart ass. Or a wise nose for that matter. I wonder what the origin of these proverbs is. I wouldn't know how to recognize a nose that is wise if it were staring me in the face. I yet have to meet the first intelligent behind.

I would like to introduce some new proverbs, some that make more sense.

No one likes brooding fallopian tubes.
This proposed proverb means that you should stick to what you're good at. Fallopian tubes are for transport and logistics only, brooding is just not their thing. It's self-destructive and pointless, as some of you know all too well.

No one likes a hermetical cervix.
If you're purpose in life is to be a selective passageway (letting good stuff in, keeping bad stuff out), don't just seal everything off. That would be to deny you're very nature. Not choosing is also a choice.

No one likes a misanthropic uterus.
Rowing against the tide of evolution will only wear you out. More bluntly, you're a freak of nature.

No one likes ironic ovaries.
When it comes to life and death decisions, use humor sparingly.


I fear I'm endowed with ironic ovaries. If you remember in my last post, I was ready to give up on anything happening this cycle. That night, the schedule called for some action, but I was too depressed to bother. Of course my temp was up the next morning.
Big deal, it was probably just a spike, I thought. No action that night either, too tired. Needless to say my temp has stayed up. This proves absolutely nothing, but the irony isn't lost on me.

Do the other proverbs apply to me? It's too soon to tell.



The creative post is under way, but will have to wait for lack of a scanner.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 19 December, 2005 01:07, Anonymous thalia said...

Yup, ironic ovaries are so not funny. Growing endometriomas when they think no one's looking, that sucks too.

You know, you might still be ok. Not ideal to miss the day of Ovulation etc, but you're still in with a chance.

 
At 20 December, 2005 19:57, Blogger Her Grace said...

Oh I remember Clomid. And Provera to boot, since even with Clomid I'd had anovalotory cycles and no period. Five months in a row..take Clomid, don't ovulate, take Provera to force period, start over again.

Only on the sixth cycle..something interesting happened..and now she's almost 3 years old.

So it can happen. Have faith.

They had talked about doubling my clomid, though it never happened. I also was on glucophage for a short time. I didn't like it, but my OB swore by it.

My BBT charts looked like a flat line, until that last cycle, and then they did go up..up..up..once I got pregnant. It really was depressing, and I know where you stand right now.

I also remember being too tired and too let down to even try, as IF can take all the fun out of sex if you let it.

I'm not telling you all this to get you down, I'm telling you because I've been there, and feel for everything you're going through.

It's good you have the blog to vent. Hang in there and keep on keeping on!

 

<< Home