Monday, January 09, 2006

IF, the next generation

A while ago, Robber Barren wondered where have all the cowboys gone? Many of the pioneers of IF blogging have moved on to greener pastures, most with babies (bio or adopted), some on their own. Most bloggers on the mother of all IF blog lists have followed in their footsteps (thankfully).

For me, reading the blogs of these women was an eyeopener. I am not alone. My feelings of hope and despair are perfectly normal. And there are women who can articulate the trials and tribulations of IF in eloquent posts. Women who can put their finger on where it hurts. Women who come up with brilliant retorts to assvice. And all this with a healthy dose of humour to boot. Come on, assvice? dildocam? wand monkey? LOL!

But like Robber Barren, I would also like to find more bloggers that have only recently embarked on the ART roller coaster. Women who are still fairly new to wand monkeys and their fickle ways. Women that are still learning what it means to be your own health advocate.

In the past weeks, I have discovered a number of new blogs. You'll see that my blogroll keeps growing. Some of these women are fairly new to IF and/or ART. Some are not so new to IF, but are new to blogging.

I've decided to add a new subdivision in my blogroll: ART (pre IVF) and ART (post IVF).
For lack of a better criterium, I'm going to use IVF as a dividing line. This has nothing to do with the Pain Olympics or counting Pain Points. This is about forming ghetto's within the IF blogosphere. (Kidding!)

I will continue to read a variety of blogs, but I will seek out women in situations similar to mine as well.

So, here is an incomplete list of my 'homeys':


I will modify my blogroll in the coming days.

On the reproductive front, no news. Another tedious 2WW. ETA of my period: a few days after the in-law pow-wow and a few days before a visit to my good (uberfertile) friend and her newborn (second child, of course). Excellent timing!

13 Comments:

At 10 January, 2006 01:26, Blogger Sparkle said...

Oh no, is everyone in my ghetto going to be as bitter as me?
Good luck with the 2 week wait.

 
At 10 January, 2006 02:00, Anonymous Lori said...

I hope my ghetto has a good view!

 
At 10 January, 2006 15:41, Anonymous Orodemniades said...

Please list me on the pre-IVF list. I've been infertile forever, but still haven't gotten that far.

Huh, that feels weird to write, because I'm hardly new. Oh well.

 
At 10 January, 2006 18:07, Blogger DinosaurD said...

Hi - I am not new to IVF (or associated disappointments of being "left behind") but I have a blog of someone who will likely be starting their first cycle in a few months. I told her I’d pass along her site so here goes: http://needleinmybum.blogspot.com/

DinoD

 
At 10 January, 2006 23:36, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

Hi - thanks for stopping by my blog (thanx Dino for helping us newbie's hook up!). I read this post and it was like I had written it myself. I found the same thing on the big list of infertility blogs, mostly baby blogs now (not that I am not happy for them).
I am going to my second RE consult tomorrow and we should find out when we will start our first IVF cycle. We have been TTC for almost 2yrs. We are MF due to vas-reversal - poor motility and low count.
I would love it if you would add a link to my blog. http://needleinmybum.blogspot.com/
I am going to add a link to your site on my blog.

I am going to catch up on your reading and get to know you a bit better. I feel a little less alone right now and that is a good feeling!

 
At 10 January, 2006 23:38, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

Ahhh, I just saw that Dino left my site for me as well. Forgive the new girl....

 
At 11 January, 2006 23:28, Blogger Timea said...

I'm so glad that I found these blogs ( throught Larissa), it also helps me when I see that other people have been there done that, and done even more.

I hear you on the 2ww. It sucks. My husband coulnd't believe that my beta is still 10 days away. I'm sorry you have plans with people who have babies when af is do. That's never fun:(

 
At 11 January, 2006 23:30, Blogger Vacant Uterus said...

Yay, so pleased to be part of the new ghetto! Homegirls of every size and shape welcome..sit down and have a forty. :-p

 
At 12 January, 2006 00:12, Blogger April said...

The wait is so incredibly long... I have never understood how two weeks could seem like eons.

And I like the IVF delineation - it helps figure out where people are treatment wise.

Wishing you luck.

 
At 13 January, 2006 04:19, Blogger projgen said...

Hey, if I hafta be a homey, I'm proud to be in such fine company ;)

Sucks about the timing of your visits/period. Hang in there, you'll get through this one.

 
At 13 January, 2006 21:26, Anonymous Kath said...

Not quite there yet... sigh. I hope I'm never there...

I tried once to sort my peeps into groups, but I just can't bring myself to move people around... especially from the "pregnant" back to the "TTC" group... I know what it's like to be moved back, but worse, I know what it's like to be stuck in the "pregnant" category long after a miscarriage, and it's one of those painful reminders... But I do see your point, it makes sense to indicate where people are at a given time. It helps people see at a glance where they may find some answers.

Good luck with your two-week wait, my dear. I know they can feel forever, but I hope you get the big prize this time.

 
At 14 January, 2006 00:09, Blogger Lut C. said...

I'm aware that categorizing my blogroll is a sensitive issue. My intention is to take special care of the PG category.

 
At 14 January, 2006 01:41, Blogger Liz said...

It's great when you can find people who understand what you're going through. Please add me to your pre-IVF list. Good luck with the wait!

 

<< Home