Monday, March 13, 2006

A weather forecast

This week: it will be sunny until Friday, overcast on Saturday with thunderclouds in the upper regions. On Sunday more thunderclouds in the upper regions and heavy rainfall in the nether regions.

Next week: first heavy than lighter rain in the nether regions, down to a drizzle by Wednesday. Overcast in the upper regions all next week.

Planting season starts in just a couple of weeks, so all you planters out there remember to prepare the soil with some fertilizers.


No this has not turned into the farmer's weather channel. Let me translate: I anticipate my periods to ruin next weekend. The following week I start my (as far as I know) last Clomid cycle.

I had wanted to get an appointment with dr. A in the beginning of cycle 6, in the hope that perhaps he could do something to salvage it (trigger shot, IUI, or even a plain old u/s).
What I got is an apointment in the last week of cycle 6. You know you're moving up the medical food chain when the wait to get an appointment jumps.

Meanwhile, I hold little hope for this cycle. I'll just blame it on the jet-lag. But let's not count our chickens before their hatched. :-)

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 14 March, 2006 01:33, Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

I'm not going to get ditzy optimistic or anything. Hang in there. It sucks that you can't see your doctor till so much later.

 
At 14 March, 2006 02:08, Blogger Beth said...

I hate that you are having to wait so long to get in to your doctor. Like Ann, I am not the shiny, happy type - but I do hope you are wrong about this cycle.

 
At 14 March, 2006 03:02, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Sorry you have to wait so long to get into your doctor. I hope that you are plesantly surprised at the end of this cycle.

 
At 14 March, 2006 03:22, Blogger InDueTime said...

*Hugs* I am sorry you have to wait to go to the dr. Take it a day at at time, it's all we can do, right? I have my hopes with you this cycle though.

 
At 14 March, 2006 04:56, Blogger Liz said...

It's unfortunate that you have to wait so long to see your dr. Wishing you the best.

 
At 14 March, 2006 16:39, Blogger Bronwyn said...

Let me add my voice to the chorus: I hope your instincts are wrong about this cycle and that you don't need the last round of Clomid after all. Thinking positive thoughts for you...

 
At 14 March, 2006 20:00, Blogger Mellie said...

I liked the weather forecast analogy. But we all know how wrong weathermen can be.

 
At 14 March, 2006 21:09, Blogger Ornery said...

Such an appropriate analogy. I completely understand your reservations regarding the success of this cycle. But then again, outright optimism never works, so who knows what will happen. Happy fertilizing!

 
At 15 March, 2006 00:43, Anonymous Lori said...

Loved the weather report - but you know how often they're wrong (at least in my neck of the woods).
Sorry it's such a long time to get in to see the dr. I had a 4 week wait to get in to see Dr. Wonderful and I was antsy the whole time.

 
At 15 March, 2006 15:01, Blogger Kim said...

Thanks a lot for your advice about the HSG. Hang in there.

 
At 15 March, 2006 18:36, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

Just when I thought you had turned into Martha Stewart with your garden advice.
Waiting is the worst.
Best of luck on this next cycle (jet lag or not!)

 
At 15 March, 2006 22:05, Blogger N said...

Great analogy. I am a weather-addict so I lived the report. I hope your worries and fear about the doom of this cycle will turn out faulty, but also think that "one knows ones body" and hyper optimism doesn't help either.

Good luck for the next one!!!!!!!

N

 

<< Home