Friday, June 23, 2006

By the book #2

No need to write a new post, I can just link back to this one.

For those of you too lazy to click the link a recap:
- 1 dominant follicle (15 mm) on the right side, again.
- Continue with same dose, which is the same as the last cycle, 1 vial of Men0pur.
- Difficult blood draw, again, BIG needle in little hand vein.
- Come back on Monday.

I'm content with these results. Not optimistic, but content nonetheless. I have a chance.


The injection went better yesterday. I numbed the skin with some ice. I pinched the skin a little harder and plunged the needle in with a little more determination. Went in like a knife into butter, or should I say margerine? Faltering confidence was the biggest problem, I think.

I was ready to blame it on the diet, losing all that fluff to work with (Pamplemousse, I love that term!). I took the opportunity to weigh myself at the doctor's office this morning (since I don't own a scale), and if I remember my last weight correctly I've lost 2 kg. That would be nearly 4,5 pounds. We'll see what the scales say on Monday, when I see the nutritionist again.


Thank you for the encouragements and the needle tips.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 23 June, 2006 21:54, Blogger projgen said...

Yay on the weight loss!

I found once I was mixing my two meds together - poke the needle into vial #1, withdraw, poke the needle into vial #2, withdraw - it was enough to dull the needle ever so slightly. Which was enough to make it harder to poke through the skin.

First few days were a cakewalk, and then it went downhill for me. I made very sure to stick the needle through the very centre of the rubber stopper (it's thinner there) and only one time through each vial. The rest is as the others said - pinch tight, jab with confidence, grit your teeth and say "owowowow" before you even get the needle in (messes with your head and confuses your pain sensors).

Good luck, Lut!

 
At 24 June, 2006 00:09, Blogger S said...

Yick-sticking yourself doesn't get better, no matter how many times you do it. But, I'm glad that it was easier for you yesterday.

Sorry that the blood draw was a pain in the ass-did they give any indication as to when you'll trigger?

There's always a chance, remember that.

P.S.-Rock on with the weight loss! You go, girl!

 
At 24 June, 2006 01:11, Blogger sube said...

Oh, I can so relate to those painful blood draws. Sucks, doesn't it?

Glad the shot went better yesterday. Confidence is key.

 
At 24 June, 2006 11:29, Blogger Mony said...

You can't keep a good woman down! Love that you are right back in the driver's seat again, Lut. Warrior Woman!

 
At 24 June, 2006 14:39, Blogger Angie said...

Losing weight is always good news! Glad to hear you're feeling good about the results.

 
At 25 June, 2006 06:02, Blogger Meg said...

Hey Lut - 2kg.. looks like *gulp* you've been listening to the perky nutritionist! Good on you. Glad to hear the IUI is on the way... even if you have frightened me with graphic needle imagery with my first experience still pending! xx

 
At 25 June, 2006 09:19, Blogger Shazz said...

Well done on the weightloss, AI'm about to start down the same track before my next cycle. Wishing you less pain and more good luck for this cycle.
xx

 
At 25 June, 2006 18:07, Blogger InDueTime said...

Wooo Hooo congrats on the weightloss!! Keep it up girlfriend! Hugs sweetie, fingers crossed for you!

 

<< Home