Sunday, June 11, 2006

Nerves and 5 things

As beta day comes nearer, I'm getting more nervous. Sometimes, it makes my stomach turn. And yes, the queasy feeling in my stomach is definitely nerves.

I haven't experienced any symptoms. The least I had expected was to experience faux PG symptoms with the high progesterone dose, I guess it's another hormone that causes those. Though I know that there are no reliable early PG symptoms, the utter lack of any is not encouraging.

I probably won't POAS beforehand. For the moment, I just want to stay in denial a while longer. A large part of me is expecting a BFN. I'm a pessimist that way. But I'll still be disappointed.

On to something more fun.

5 items in my fridge:
- V8 (tomato and other vegetable drink)
- Sparkling white wine
- Abs0lut vodka x3 (regular, vanilla, raspberry)
- steamed chickpeas
- homemade 'salsa cruda'

5 items in my closet:
- power drill
- waffle iron
- bicycle lock
- I K E A wrench
- unassorted screws

My clothes closet contains just that: clothes.

5 items in my bar*:
- real Cuban rum
- raspberry liquor
- peach liquor
- cherry liquor
- wine

*It should have been car, but there's hardly anything in it, except for dust and grime.

5 items in my purse:
- brand spanking new cheap cell phone
- lemon & sage body butter moisturizer (scored from a hotel visit)
- lip balm with sun screen
- chip and pin cards
- sun glasses

So, by now you all think I'm a regular alcoholic. Don't worry, I have been staying out of the bar like a good girl. I'm not making any guarantees for Monday night though. Diet be damned. ;-)

Picking people to tag makes me slightly uncomfortable. It must be some high school trauma.
Here goes my completely arbitrary choice:
PI Jill - http://perfectlyinfertilejill.blogspot.com/
InDueTime - http://in-due-time.blogspot.com/
Larissa - http://waitingwomb.blogspot.com/
Kattie - http://kattypuss.blogspot.com/
Ann - http://ladybug74.blogspot.com/

If you've been tagged before, just ignore this. If you don't feel like it, ditto. No pressure.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 11 June, 2006 00:33, Blogger squarepeg said...

I'll be thinking about you on Monday!!

As for your bar/fridge, you are a woman after my own heart. My own deliberately medically ignorant thought on drinking is "I'll stop when I start injecting myself with things." :)

Fingers and toes crossed for beta day!!

 
At 11 June, 2006 01:47, Blogger katty said...

Hey thanks. So what do I do? Five items in the same categories you have listed??

 
At 11 June, 2006 05:27, Blogger Meg said...

Maybe lack of PG symptom is significant too?? (Well, if there's nothing else to read into!) Hugs to you, Lut. xx

 
At 11 June, 2006 16:36, Blogger Sarah said...

Good luck tomorrow for a super high beta!

 
At 11 June, 2006 17:46, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Good luck tomorrow! I hope that you are plesantly surprised. Hugs!

 
At 12 June, 2006 03:20, Blogger InDueTime said...

Lut I am thinking and praying for you tomorrow. Hugs my love, Hugs!!!

 
At 12 June, 2006 08:56, Blogger Shazz said...

I had no pg symptoms when I was pg beofre I lost her, so don't read into it. I am wishing you so much good luck for Monday.
xx

 
At 12 June, 2006 19:31, Blogger Chee Chee said...

Good luck with your beta today!

 
At 12 June, 2006 20:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had zero symptoms during my 2ww, so don't too much into it. I'm 7 wks pg and the nausea is starting.

I am sending you my happiest thoughts your way! All the best to you and DH.

 
At 12 June, 2006 21:19, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

I've been thinking about you today, I hope you have some great news for us.

I like the switch to "bar" - too funny!

 

<< Home