Thursday, July 06, 2006

Service announcement

I like to check out the blogs of the people who leave a comment on my blog at least once. Oftentimes, I leave a comment too. Sometimes there are obstacles and that's why I have some messages of a practical nature:

To Damona from Baby Dust Diaries: your blog says 'This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please login to leave a comment.' I'm reluctant to make accounts all over the place, I keep forgetting the details. I'd try to mail you, but can't seem to find an address mentioned anywhere. So if you read this, good luck with the cycle.

To torahumaddachic from Hungry Hungry Hippo Girl: your blog does allow comments from fellow Blogger users, but I don't know if you're comfortable with getting comments on your cooking blog that will leave a trail towards an IF blog. So if you read this, those recipes sound scrumptious. Perhaps I shouldn't read your blog since I'm on a diet. ;-)


While I'm writing, I might as well tell you how I'm doing. I've been keeping myself busy. No more meltdowns at work or anywhere else. For the first time I've tasted what retail therapy is like for you guys (I hate shopping, remember). I went to the first day of the summer sales (crazy!), but targeted just a few shops that I knew would have nice clothes in a decent size. I came, I saw, I shopped!
Yesterday, a shoe-aholic colleague dragged me to the shoe stores (ok, I told her to drag me) and I found nice sandals for my oversized feet (so hard!).

I have a lot of things planned for the upcoming days. Anything to get my mind of the looming beta. I'm not particularly hopeful. To wit: I keep forgetting the Pr0gestrone supplements. Bad, bad, bad IF.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 07 July, 2006 02:48, Anonymous Meri-ann said...

Oh we will convert you to the dark side of the shop-aholic!!
I too have ginormous feet, but oh the satisfaction I get when I find a beautiful pair of shoes that were obviously meant just for me!

Geez I hope these last few days fly by for you....

 
At 07 July, 2006 02:53, Blogger Chee Chee said...

I am glad you are doing better. Nothing beats retail therapy!

Good luck with the beta.

BTW -- thanks for adding me to cyclesista.

 
At 07 July, 2006 14:09, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am glad that you got in a little retail therapy. I am going to go get some myself today.

Good luck with your beta Lut! I hope that you have some wonderful news for us very soon.

 
At 07 July, 2006 15:46, Blogger Angie said...

I love to shop! I hope you had a great time. Good luck with the beta.

 
At 07 July, 2006 23:02, Blogger ms. c said...

Your post made me giggle.
Shopping always helps! I'm glad you have seen the light!
Good luck with the beta...

 
At 08 July, 2006 00:39, Blogger katty said...

If you hate shopping, shop like me. I see something I like and then buy four. This summer it is an Oasis 'sexy wrap' dress (40 pounds), two in black and two in red...
I find the 'sexy wrap' bit a bit embarrasing though. Also it flaps up a lot and shows my bottom, which isn't very nice for anyone...
Good luck for the rest of your wait...

 
At 08 July, 2006 05:13, Blogger A.M.S. said...

You mean not only do I have to worry about that whole list of side effects, but I have to worry about remembering to use the stupid things? All these drugs have already turned my brain to mush and my ability to remember things is long gone!

Seriously, good luck to you! May we be done with injections!

 
At 08 July, 2006 19:12, Blogger soralis said...

Take care... glad to hear you have been keeping busy

 
At 09 July, 2006 02:27, Blogger Debbi said...

you're so sweet for leaving messages for readers. I'm glad the shopping went well. I realized this morning that it's July already and I haven't had a pedi or worn sandals yet. Time to change that, I'd say.

 
At 09 July, 2006 03:04, Blogger M said...

Hm...a girl who doesn't like to shop? That's a new one for me. I am a shopaholic! Lol! Can't relate to you there. There's nothing like the high of finding a good bargain.
Rooting for you this cycle!

 
At 09 July, 2006 03:41, Anonymous Erin said...

Glad you had fun with the shopping!

I keep forgetting my Metformin, so I'm a bad IF'er also. You're not alone.

 
At 13 July, 2006 00:54, Blogger torahumaddachic said...

Yay! I had no idea anyone was reading my blog! Please feel free to leave comments, I love comments! I try to cook healthy,too- most of my recipies are pretty diet friendly, i think....

 

<< Home