Monday, July 31, 2006

Tethered

The getaway weekend is over. Sigh. Though it was a nice break from routine, I can't say I got very far away from IF. I just can't put it out of my mind for more than 10 minutes at a stretch. Literally.

The BIOALE was grand, there was singing (not by me) and dancing (plenty by me), we laughed, we cried, we sang kumbaya around a bonfire. I went to bed in the small hours of the morning, and now I'm going to be tired and grumpy all week.

For those of you curious to know about those recreational activities we were going to enjoy with reckless abandon, we did, only without the recklesness. I had to call my dr. for the blood results on Friday evening anyway, so I asked him if we needed to be careful. "No" was the answer.

Fast forward to today's u/s:
RO: 19 mm, others dwindling
LO: lone follicle still shrinking

This morning the dr. was optimistic I could trigger soon, but my blood results must have indicated otherwise. I'm to keep stimming and go back for an u/s on Wednesday. Another two days should allow the dominant follicle to grow to 23mm. That would be the size I had the last two times.

Which reminds me, I need to go take my meds. ;-)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 01 August, 2006 00:03, Anonymous Meri-ann said...

kumbaya? OMG that's hilarious, I had forgotten all about that song, now it is stuck in my head!!!

 
At 01 August, 2006 12:25, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Sorry, Lut. It totally sucks when those dang follicles will not do as expected. Hang in there but at least you had some fun at the BIOALE.

 
At 01 August, 2006 17:40, Blogger soralis said...

Glad you enjoyed your BIOALE!

Take care and good luck

 
At 01 August, 2006 23:29, Blogger katty said...

Welcome back. And glad you had fun! And good luck with those follices.
K.

 
At 02 August, 2006 01:04, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed your BIOALE. Good luck at your appt. on Wednesday.

 
At 02 August, 2006 05:33, Blogger projgen said...

Glad to hear you laughed, cried and sang kumbaya (go on, admit it, you did, didn't you?). Even with IF never far from mind, you deserved a break.

Go little follie, go!

 
At 02 August, 2006 16:01, Blogger A.M.S. said...

A ten minute mental break is better than nothing! Take 'em where you can get 'em.

Glad you had a good time and I'm hoping things go well for you today.

 

<< Home