Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A post of trivia

The evening with the in-laws went OK. When we arrived Nephew #1 and his parents were there.
I couldn't bear to engage in normal conversation with them and hid in the kitchen. They must think I'm so rude, but I don't care. Unexpectedly, they left before dinner, because "the baby only manages to fall asleep in his own bed".
(Erm, right, perhaps if you put him down and stopped fussing over him, he'd fall asleep here too. But what do I know). Not that I minded them leaving, not at all. At least I could enjoy the meal of wine and cheese in relative peace.

The rest of the weekend I spent on the couch, watching video's with a friend, snacking on homemade chocolate chip cookies. Yum! Well it was raining outside.

Monday night, dh took me out to dinner (fried calamares with bread, oh and dh's fries).

See a pattern emerging here?


Tuesday morning, I had an appointment with the nutritionist.

Dolly: So how is it going?
Me: Bad (referring to the BFN).
Dolly: How come, haven't you been eating healthy lately?
Me: Oh, the diet! Bad too. I've been preoccupied with the last BFN.
Dolly: That's what you thought last time, and you'd still lost some weight then.

The scale proved me right though, I've regained 25% of what I'd lost. Surprise, surprise.

Dolly: So, how does that make you feel? Doesn't this motivate you to get back to healthier eating?
Me: (She's kidding right? Woman, get a little perspective!) No, not really. To be honest, it hardly shows on my radar.

Dolly: Oh, well, then, ehrm, do you want to quit?
Me: (If dieting is what it takes, than dieting is what I must do). No, I'll start working on it again.

Dolly kept saying she understood how IF treatment is tough, but that's not the sense I got from her.
Seriously, she expects me te be remorseful or upset over a little diet setback? And to be all roaring to mend my wicked ways? And for goodness sake, stop smiling like that.

I did book another appointment with her (don't ask me why), but only way in October.


To end this post of trivia, CD1 is officially tomorrow. Not that it matters, since I'm taking a break. I'm curious just how long this break will last, without the medication to regulate things.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 24 August, 2006 01:41, Anonymous Meri-ann said...

I admire your restraint... can't believe you didn't clock her one. Eat as much as you like, and enjoy every single forbidden calorie of it....

 
At 24 August, 2006 16:29, Blogger A.M.S. said...

crawling out of the pit to offer a big hug and to share my oatmeal raisin cookies with you, because sharing the cookies means they only have half the calories and fat and twice the fiber!

There's time to start the diet and exercise blitz after the cramps fade.

 
At 24 August, 2006 16:59, Blogger S said...

I would've spit food in her face-things like that piss me off. You deserve a bit of a binge, and if she can't understand that, given what you've been through, then she's an ass.

Of course, I'm saying that after eating a Reeses Pieces ice cream sundae (three scoop-with peanut butter and fudge sauce), so perhaps I'm not the best person to offer advice.....

Thinking of you....

 
At 24 August, 2006 17:07, Blogger fisher queen said...

Why do people seem to get off on making others feel guilty all the time? What is that about?

 
At 24 August, 2006 17:52, Blogger GZ said...

I hear you about the diet during infertility. I'm always too paranoid to work hard at the gym during the 2 ww, and I'm always to depressed to eat healthy after the 2 ww.

Plus, can we please just handle one depressing thing at a time?

 
At 24 August, 2006 18:34, Blogger DinosaurD said...

Can I say that at least you still hung on to the 75% of weight loss? I (again, all about me) have lost the same 6 pounds four times since the fourth miscarriage (and I agree, it's not really even a blip on the horizon, ah maybe, that should be a "blimp on the horizon" - actually, I need a few more pounds to make it into that category).
I would say something all chipper like "let's lose the weight together" but then when I once again gain these 6 pounds, I would have no choice but to hate you.
See? Some of us are even more warped then you could ever hope to be :-)
DinoD

 
At 24 August, 2006 19:58, Blogger Alli said...

I'm with meri-ann. That was inconsiderate, to say the very least.

 
At 25 August, 2006 00:15, Blogger My Reality said...

I think after that appointment, i would have needed chocolate cake. The whole entire thing.

I agree with the previous poster - you have still kept off 75% of the weight you have lost - and that is great!

 
At 25 August, 2006 00:19, Blogger namaste said...

Stupid fascist nutritionist lady. She sounds supremely motivating - may want to point out that if she did a better job you'd do a better job. :) Seriously, it's only weight, and sorrow weighs a lot. I'll be thinking of you. xo

 
At 25 August, 2006 11:44, Blogger katty said...

I'm with the others. 75 kept off is pretty impressive.
Look after yourself.
X

 
At 25 August, 2006 12:10, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I can't believe she said that. I think that I would have freaked out on her. How inconsiderate. Forget her. You have enough to deal with. Hang in there. Hugs.

 

<< Home