Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Campfire

I'm shamelessly going to steal an idea from Barren Mare. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I've heard.

In a post from a while back, she introduced the Campfire circle. The basic idea is to give new bloggers to IF blogland a warm welcome. To be precise, I've added a section to my blogroll called the Campfire for this purpose.

So if you've started your blog just recently and would like to hang out around the fire a while, let me know. Even if you've been blogging for a while, but can't seem to find your audience, come on over. Of course I'm just a small fish in blogland, so don't expect a lhttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifot of traffic, but every bit helps.

Let me quote this from Barren Mare's Campfire post:
I should stress from the get-go that the Campfire list is, by its very nature, intended to be impermanent. It will probably shuffle often. In some ways that's the whole point of the exercise. Therefore, please do not be offended if your blog is there one day, and the next time has been replaced by another. That does not mean that you are suddenly no longer interesting, or that anyone has been kicked out of the fire circle. It just means that like life, all is in a constant state of flux.



Let me tout Cyclesista a little too. This is a blog that lists which lucky ladies are cycling at this moment and what kind of cycle they're going through. It's a great place to start for new blog readers, though of course it isn't representative of the entire IF blogosphere.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 21 September, 2006 12:34, Blogger Angie said...

Just checking up! Sorry I don't get to comment often, but the new job fills up my time. I am thinking of you and hoping this is it!

 
At 21 September, 2006 18:45, Blogger Alli said...

That is a great idea!

 
At 21 September, 2006 22:01, Blogger Fertility Faux Pas said...

Great Idea, Lut...IFers need as much info and support as they can get.

PS Welcome home :)

 
At 22 September, 2006 00:25, Blogger Mony said...

I've already wandered over and said hi to the new recruits....and I believe they have taught me "stuff" already!
Thanks Lut!

 
At 24 September, 2006 03:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea, excellent work!

 
At 24 September, 2006 06:08, Blogger soralis said...

What a wonderful idea!

Take care

 
At 24 September, 2006 18:55, Blogger InDueTime said...

can you email me that link to the blog? it says invalid

 
At 24 September, 2006 19:07, Blogger My Reality said...

Great idea!

 
At 24 September, 2006 22:36, Blogger sube said...

Let's hope the Campfire girs' stay is a brief one!

 

<< Home