Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Scrap the vineyardian ...

... bring on the IVF!

Tomorrow is CD1, and that makes it day 1 of my protocol. Oh joy!
No worries it starts off easy enough, with a round of BCP's.

Then it gets complicated. Complicated enough for me to grab my cell phone - I'm going to need to set some reminders - only where's the organizer menu? NOOOOOOO! My newish cell phone doesn't have a reminder function!!!! Sure, I wanted the cheap model without all the bells and whistles, but come on, my old phone had an organizer. I thought newer was supposed to be better. AAAARRGGHHH!

I have 20 days to figure out a solution. I could always just go out and buy a new mobile phone, but I'm too stingy frugal
to do that. I'd swap with DH's phone, but it's one of those dreadful sim-locked things.

I'll write up the protocol later, after our next consult this Wednesday. It just arrived in the mail. TODAY. This is the information package my dr. ordered for me on our previous consult on the 6th of this month, I saw him put it in the computer then and there. I expected it to be waiting for us after our holidays. 10 days is plenty of time to prepare and send it, no? Apparantly not. 14 days post consult, I decided to call and check what was up. "Oh yes, you're right here in the computer, but your name hasn't made it to the secretary's todo list yet. How odd! We'll send it to you right away." Grrr. What a fabulous start. If you treat my file this way, how much better will our gametes fare? All I said was "Thank you", of course.
They did send it to me right away, between my call last Wednesday and today is perfectly reasonable.

Now I only have 1,5 days to fret over those agreements the clinic wants us to sign. Perhaps that's a good thing.

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 26 September, 2006 01:33, Blogger namaste said...

How exciting to begin!! Try not to fret too much about signing things and fancy ways to keep track of your protocol. Hopefully yours will be like my doctor- he only gave me my stims doseages for the next 2-3 days at a time (depending on what the ultrasound showed) - I just kept track of it on my regular calendar. This is the time to enjoy the beginnings of things, as well as any alcohol if you drink - you can't drink once you start the stims, and you certainly can't drink once this IVF gets you pregnant. Congratulations! xo

 
At 26 September, 2006 02:26, Blogger My Reality said...

Can you use something on your computer as a reminder? Or you could always post all of your appointments and we can send you comments to remind you?

I am sorry you won't be having a vineyardian. It looks like we will be cycling around the same time.

 
At 26 September, 2006 05:51, Anonymous Bebe said...

Oh man I cannot imagine life without my little cell phone reminder. If I ever lose that sucker I am completely screwed.

Hooray for starting a cycle, but boo for awful secretaries at the RE.

 
At 26 September, 2006 10:58, Blogger Meg said...

Congratulations on getting started Lut. It must be great, after all those endless IUIs. Best of "luck" to you. xx

 
At 26 September, 2006 13:26, Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

Good luck, Lut!

 
At 26 September, 2006 16:30, Blogger A.M.S. said...

I'm still a paper calendar gal, myself thanks, in no small part, to a severe addition to highlighters and different colored pens for different types of events so I can't offer much help on the reminder front. Good luck on the upcoming cycle though! I'm hoping for really good things to happen!

 
At 26 September, 2006 18:18, Blogger Alli said...

Check and see if your computer or email has a reminder function. I just checked and mine does and it's as basic as they come!

Good luck and how exciting to get started!! :)

 
At 26 September, 2006 18:32, Anonymous Alexa said...

Good luck my dear! My organization system is millions of post-its shoved in my purse pocket--nothing you want to emulate!

 
At 26 September, 2006 21:58, Blogger Millie said...

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck.

 
At 27 September, 2006 19:09, Blogger soralis said...

Good luck finding a solution for your reminders... I couldn't make it through my cycle without my phone!!

Take care

 
At 28 September, 2006 01:00, Blogger k #2 said...

This is it! :)

 
At 28 September, 2006 14:53, Blogger Beagle said...

Congrats on starting! Good Luck with it all!

 
At 28 September, 2006 18:15, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I'm so excited that you are beginning! I hope you find a solution for your reminders - I have a simple paper calendar at home, but I am only doing morning shots and have not that many appointments to worry about (outside of IVF) so they're easy for me to remember!

 
At 28 September, 2006 19:42, Blogger Ornery said...

I'm so excited and hopeful for your new treatment protocol. Good luck!

 

<< Home