Sunday, November 12, 2006

Retrieval

The retrieval is over and it went swimmingly. The twilight sedation worked like a charm, what must have taken half an hour seemed to last only minutes. I was too sleepy to follow the action on the screen, though I managed to keep my eyes open long enough to see one follicle be sucked up.

I kept quiet during the procedure, no babbling and no questions, apart from my name and date of birth.

There's some confusion exactly how many eggs were retrieved. I distinctly remember being told 12 just as the RE finished. I even asked whether that meant two follicles were empty. My husband says he was told 14 by the RE just a little later. We'll know more tomorrow, when we get the fertilization report. I'm content with 12.

So far, I haven't suffered too much pain. We'll see if it gets worse tomorrow.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 12 November, 2006 20:21, Blogger Kath said...

Dear Lut, that sounds great! So glad it went well. Twelve and 14 both sound very good to me. I'm hoping so hard for you that the news keeps on getting better and better.

Aren't those modern sedatives fantastic, though? M calls those "kiss-my-ass pills", because you don't give a hoot what is happening to you... Would be nice to have those things on hand anytime you needed them, eh?

 
At 12 November, 2006 20:43, Blogger Thalia said...

Either 12 or 14 sound good to me.

I've never managed to stay awake past: "can you slide down the table a bit more, please?"!

 
At 12 November, 2006 22:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Sounds like all went well.

My fingers are crossed for tomorrow's report.

 
At 12 November, 2006 23:04, Blogger Fertility Faux Pas said...

Gotta love that twilight sedation!

I'm so happy to hear that everything went well at your retrieval. You've got some great numbers working for you...Keep us posted on the fert report.

 
At 12 November, 2006 23:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic - all went well.
I'd take your husband's word in this case - no drugs!
Hoping for an awesome fertilisation report.

 
At 13 November, 2006 00:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your pain is manageable and that you are feeling good. 12 or 14 - both sound great!!

 
At 13 November, 2006 01:52, Blogger Josie said...

I am amazed that you were able to regain some consciousness! I have always wanted to see the procedure take place, on someone else of course, unless I was in absolutely NO pain.

My last memory is usually me babbling about something or another. It is wierd becasue I don't think I am talking but I hear my voice.

 
At 13 November, 2006 04:14, Blogger InDueTime said...

Im thinking about you!! FINGERS CROSSED!

 
At 13 November, 2006 06:41, Anonymous Meri-ann said...

Nice work! Good luck for some lovely fert results x

 
At 13 November, 2006 09:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent news. Now the next bit - come on for fertilisation...

Bea

 
At 13 November, 2006 12:27, Anonymous shazz said...

Oh well done, very good result and fingers crossed for fert results!!

 

<< Home