Monday, November 06, 2006

Slow and steady

After my last u/s, my dr decided to adjust my medication a little, a little less Supre.fact and 3 in stead of 2 vials of Men0pur. Apart from a little discomfort in my abdomen, I'm not feeling many adverse effects of the treatment.

Fast forward to today, next u/s and blood draw. The 9 follicles we saw last time are still there, no more but also no less. They're growing rather slowly, average size is now 13 mm, with one at 15 mm. (They ranged between 7-11 mm 3 days ago). Perhaps I'm just being impatient. The good news is that - for now - they all seem to be keeping up. Endometrium is preparing itself as it should too. Excellent!

The dr was happy and said everything was going nicely. That was good to hear, but I'm still feeling despondent, or maybe just blue. I could really use one of those hope highs right about now. It's crazy to feel this way, I know, there is no drama here (yet). Unless you count the whole needing-to-resort-to-IVF thing. Really, they should put a warning on the box: IVF - hope not included. No worries, I'm blaming my blues on the medication. I'm entitled to a side-effect just like the next person.

Retrieval will be on Friday at the earliest, more likely over the weekend. It seems so far off and I don't know if I can face work for another 5 days. I don't want to see anyone, answer any phones or e-mails. I'd take some time off, but I'm saving it for the aftermath.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 06 November, 2006 10:11, Anonymous Nina said...

Slow and steady - that is good! Glad to read that your ovaries are cooperating. About the hope: It's so hard to find hope when you KNOW that the chance that it might now work is so high. It's just easier not to hope at some point, especially closely before the big day. I wish I could do something...oh well I know what I can do for you: I hope!!!

Hugs!

 
At 06 November, 2006 12:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's stressful even if it's going well. And side effects, like you say. But in regards to work - I wanted to "save it" for the aftermath, too, but looking back I pushed it too hard. I was genuinely uncomfortable and tired and needed a bit more rest in the lead-up. Maybe one or two days more. So go easy on yourself, if you possibly possibly can.

Remember - IVF is a medical thing, not a lifestyle choice. Use your sick days like you're entitled to without guilt.

Ok, lecture finished. Wishing you a little bit of hope - does make it easier.

Bea

 
At 06 November, 2006 13:03, Anonymous shazz said...

I found the ones I wasn't confident with were the best ones including a pg with 16mm egg, although I didn't get to keep her it keeps me going.
Good luck sweety.
xx

 
At 06 November, 2006 14:17, Anonymous Lori said...

This is such a stressful time in the IVF cycle. Okay so it's all stressful but the constant monitoring made my nerves rattle. I think I felt much the same way at this point in the cycle we did, particularly feeling blue but in the absence of any major drama. It does sound like things are going well - slow and steady is a good thing (even though I wasn't a big fan of it myself).
Just a little longer to go - I'll be rooting for you the whole way.

 
At 06 November, 2006 15:54, Blogger Josie said...

The waiting in IVF is the worst - waiting to start, waiting for the progress reports to see if any follies are there, waiting for dr. calls, waiting during the 2ww. Take time off if you need it, but make sure you are not just sitting at home waiting.

Glad to hear your stimming is going well - slow and steady is very good indeed.

 
At 06 November, 2006 17:46, Blogger Anna said...

I'll keep everything crossed that this cycle goes great. I hope this works, too! : )

 
At 06 November, 2006 18:56, Blogger My Reality said...

Slow and steady is really good. It is the surprises that aren't good. I am hoping for you.

 
At 06 November, 2006 18:59, Blogger Heather said...

Time drags doesn't it? Hope the week goes by fast for you!

 
At 06 November, 2006 19:06, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Lut, it does sound like things are going fine. This is the "no news is good news" phase, so go with it!

Waiting is so hard, and this process is filled with times we must wait! I hope that you find distraction until Friday...

(Grow follies grow!)

 
At 06 November, 2006 20:02, Blogger Becky said...

As everyone else said, slow and steady...quality over quantity...and by all means try to keep busy! it sounds great to me. Friday will come quickly enough, and I'll be checking back and cheering you on!

 
At 06 November, 2006 22:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad all is progressing well. It sounds overwhelming, to say the least! Hope you are able to rest a little!

 
At 06 November, 2006 23:24, Blogger katty said...

Hoping for you....

 
At 07 November, 2006 01:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't start panicking yet!
If your RE is adjusting the meds. it means he's on top of things.
Next scan will show the real growth in the follies.

 
At 07 November, 2006 02:04, Blogger namaste said...

I agree with everyone - it sounds like everything is going just as it should be. Your follies are in there working hard! This is all so difficult - every emotion is normal and you really just need to ride the ride and hang on as best as you can. This is the week to do really nice things for yourself. Although, so is next week, and the week after...

I'm pulling for you. xo

 
At 07 November, 2006 07:08, Blogger sube said...

Nothing wrong with slow and steady ... except for the mental anguish! Hope your week goes by quickly. Thinking of you.

 

<< Home