Wednesday, November 08, 2006

You were right

On occasion, I've been called to give a**vice about reproductive matters.
On those occasions I spew a nugget of information I've picked up along the way, from books, websites or you guys.

Q: IUI are likely to work, right?*
A: 15% a pop.

Q: An IUI and 3 negative HPTs, but my period is late. I could be PG, right?*
A: Highly unlikely, I'm sorry, it's the progester0ne.

Giving out bad news is no fun and I hate it when I'm right. I'm sure you know the feeling


Which is why I'm very pleased to report that you were right, MORE HAVE APPEARED! The doctor now measured 14 follicles in total, ranging between 13-15mm.

Retrieval is now estimated for Monday, the delay is somehow caused by the fact that my dose was increased. Somewhat counterintuitive, but this is perhaps to let the latecomers catch up?

I'm very pleased with this development and feeling much more hopeful. My rational
side is still skeptical, but some things never change. A spoonful of hope makes the medicine go down.


Thanks for all the pep-talks on my previous posts. You said what I needed to hear.
I realize that my whining about 9 follicles might have hit a sore spot with some of you. (And now the universe rewards me with MORE?** For goodness sake) I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings.
That being said, IF blog reading can be risky business, not all of it is avoidable. I'm not going to plaster on a fake smile here, because otherwise what's the point of blogging?


* Questions from an offline IF. Didn't know they still made those!

** No I don't actually believe there is any meaning or intended purpose behind IF, no punishment, no rewards, just cause and effect.

NOTE: Echo! Echo! Echo! This post might appear twice, since I attempted to post it by mail - unsuccessfully - then added it manually.

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

At 08 November, 2006 21:21, Blogger soralis said...

Yay to the follie count! Good luck!

 
At 08 November, 2006 21:30, Blogger My Reality said...

Way to go on the follies! Sometimes, it feels good to be wrong!

As someone who didn't respond to stims this cycle, I am really happy that this is working for you. Really.

 
At 08 November, 2006 21:30, Blogger zhl said...

Woo hoo! Looking good, chica.

 
At 08 November, 2006 22:46, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

WOW - that is fabulous news with the newly appearing follies! That is a most pleasant surprise.

You did not hit a sore spot with me - don't worry. We are all different - I just hope we can all get that BFP no matter what the route taken...

 
At 09 November, 2006 02:33, Blogger namaste said...

Very glad here to hear that your ovaries are cooperating and playing nicely so far. Yay! That retrieval is right around the corner... hang in there. xo

 
At 09 November, 2006 02:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent. Really good. Another thing to cross off your "things that could go wrong" list. Hope it just keeps getting shorter.

Or, if you're more a half-full person, you could always add it to your "things that went right" list.

Bea

 
At 09 November, 2006 05:17, Anonymous Jys said...

Lut, I'm thrilled that there are now more follies!! Same thing happened with me - the first u/s did not reveal them all.
And 14 is a GREAT number - you don't want more and risk OHSS!!
Sending you folly growth vibes for a wonderful Monday retrieval!!!

Btw, I know what you mean about IF blogs and feeling wary about hurting anyone's feelings. You kinda write your heart out, because it is your story and you are living through it, and you have a right to say how you feel. But you also know there will always be someone who will probably read it and go - what is SHE whining about, she should try MY shoes.
Its really hard. I mean then again, there could be a fertile myrtile who would read my blog and go OMG, that poor woman, all "I" had to do was say oops and I was pregnant.
And here we are going through hell just to get to square one.
What's fair?
Everyone understands (or should) that you would and SHOULD feel very strongly about your own personal experience. It does not mean you are not compassionate, sensitive, or otherwise well-wishing to all the other tons of females out there. Blog away!

 
At 09 November, 2006 05:58, Blogger Beth said...

Fabulous news on the increased follicle count - I'm crossing all appendages for you.

 
At 09 November, 2006 07:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, well just as well we're not the types to say 'told you so ...'

Good going - you'll have quality and numbers!

Is your RE going to be going for blasts?

 
At 09 November, 2006 12:20, Anonymous Meri-ann said...

This is all good news....

Good luck for Monday, I'll be having epu as well (with my measly 6 follies!!!)- look forward to hearing a good report! x

 
At 09 November, 2006 12:57, Anonymous Sassy said...

Great news. Take care.

 
At 09 November, 2006 13:30, Blogger Thalia said...

Hmm, shall I say I told you so? What? Is that obnoxious? No, well I won't then. Congrats it's great news.

The problem I have with assvice is when I see stuff which is just wrong being told to someone in their comments or on a board. I've mostly stopped jumping in now as I'm tired of trying to educate everyone, but it's still hard. Good for you for keeping people informed.

 
At 09 November, 2006 17:00, Blogger Anna said...

Yay on the increase in follicles! I'm keeping everything crossed for you. I really hope this goes well. Best wishes, and enjoy your weekend!

 
At 09 November, 2006 17:02, Anonymous Lori said...

YEAH!! I'm so glad to hear a few extra follicles popped up. I felt the same way about my numbers so I know where you're coming from.

 
At 09 November, 2006 17:41, Blogger k #2 said...

That is such great news! Hope retrieval goes well!

 
At 09 November, 2006 19:44, Blogger Debbi said...

WOOOOOOHOOO lut! That's great news. I'm hoping for a great % of mature eggs on Monday for you.

 
At 09 November, 2006 23:30, Blogger ms. c said...

Yay follies!

 
At 10 November, 2006 01:57, Blogger Josie said...

14 is a great number - they must have you meds adjusted well. Yipee!

 
At 10 November, 2006 09:50, Blogger Mony said...

Hooray!
You are CLEVER.
Yes, you.

 
At 10 November, 2006 16:37, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

I am glad to hear that more have appeared. I'm sure I added to the assvice because the same thing happened for me. So annoying when the assvicers are right - at least it's in your favor! I hope everything goes well on Monday.

 
At 10 November, 2006 18:31, Anonymous Kath said...

Dear Lut, that is very good to hear! So glad you're feeling a bit more hopeful, too. Have a good weekend!

 

<< Home