** This post was written yesterday, but didn't get published until today due to a technical problem. So, CD1 = today. **
The period has arrived. Kind of. A long TMI story short: tomorrow is CD1.
When I wanted to be sure my doctor would be back from holiday by CD6, this is not what I had in mind. He came back to work yesterday.
Not this weekend, but the one after there is a Big-Once-In-A-Lifetime-Event (BOIALE) that I really, really want to attend. For my and DH's comfort, I decided to make it a little weekend getaway in a hotel, leaving on Friday-night, returning Sunday evening.
You know where this is going, don't you.
Extrapolating from IUI/inj #1 and 2, there's a real risk of the next IUI falling squarely in BOIALE weekend. Lovely, just lovely. So, of course I've been pondering what to do. Here's what I've come up with so far
a) Skip this cycle.
I considered this for a second, but no. There will always be scheduling problems, and I still want to get this over with. Not an option.
b) Attend BOIALE, but without the comfort of the hotel.
This would work if on BOIALE day all I need is a blood draw and a wanding early in the morning. I can make it on time to BOIALE, and go back home late at night/early next morning. If the next day is IUI day, that would be tough, but possible.
IUI on BOIALE day would be near impossible. Unless I want to miss the grand opening, which I really, really don't.
c) Do the cycle, but skip the IUI if it falls on BOIALE day or the day after.
While we're having our little getaway, we can try the old-fashioned way. That might sound rash, but the added value of doing an IUI in cycles with injectibles is debated amongst experts. So, it might not make that much of a difference to our odds.
I'm actually leaning towards option c) right now. A big reason is that I'm a little fed up with IF dictating my life (so soon, I know). Why would I try to move heaven and earth to do a treatment with such low odds?
I'm thanking my lucky stars that my health care plan covers most of the costs for this treatment, so the cost isn't really an argument in one direction or the other. Need I remind you that by lucky stars, I mean heaps of taxes? No? Ok.
The problem is there's no way of predicting of how it will turn out. If my period had arrived after 4 days (like last time) and not 8, I would have been all done before BOIALE. At least while I'm fretting over this, I'm not worrying about something else.
So what do you think?
Labels: IntermediateART, QA