Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Purple Haze

Yesterday was spent in a blissful haze (all natural endorfins, I promise). But at the stroke of midnight, the spell was broken and I started worrying about transfer. Will there be one left? Please, let there be one left.

Carol asked if I could talk them into transferring both. Maybe, but I have good reasons not to. If we transfer two this time, we'd have to pay for the entire cycle ourselves, in accordance with public health care rules (first transfer in patients under 35 = 1 embryo max). I don't know how much that would cost us, most probably it would be a bargain compared to U.S. prices, but still. So it is public health care AND clinic policy to be precise. If a first transfer does not result in pregnancy, the clinic's hands are no longer tied, transferring more than one embryo is allowed.

Another reason is that I'm okay with transferring one. I'm prepared to go through this whole rigamarole again if need be, more than I'm ready to think about twins.

Several among you asked if the second embryo would be frozen. If it makes the grade, it will be frozen. At this point, that's more than I dare hope for.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 07 February, 2007 12:01, Anonymous N said...

Oh Lut hand in there. Will you get another report today? Or do you have to wait until tomorrow to know how the embryos are doing?

 
At 07 February, 2007 12:02, Anonymous N said...

I meant of course "HANG in there" not HAND in there :-S Sorry!

 
At 07 February, 2007 12:47, Anonymous Kath said...

So hoping this day passes quickly, and that you get wonderful news tomorrow, dear Lut.

 
At 07 February, 2007 15:00, Blogger Margo said...

I hope all is well with your embies and your transfer goes off without a hitch. It's hard to shake the worry though. Hang in there.

 
At 07 February, 2007 15:27, Blogger Anna said...

Sometimes the policy just plain sucks. I'm glad you seem to be OK with it. I always had to fight for getting more than one transferred at a time. Never more than two.

I'm keeping everything crossed that there will be something to transfer. And even something to freeze. But at least something to transfer.

 
At 07 February, 2007 15:38, Blogger lucky #2 said...

As an American, I read about that "policy" in awe. If you don't have to pay for it, I guess I wouldn't be too worried about just implanting one. I think Americans implant too many because of the ridiculous cost incurred when doing IVF.

Hang in there!

 
At 07 February, 2007 16:10, Blogger Aurelia said...

I'm impressed you can hang on. This is the kind of thing that turns me into a stress puppy. Gah...

 
At 08 February, 2007 00:32, Blogger My Reality said...

If your IVF is covered, are the drugs covered, too? I wish our healthcare system covered IVF, but it doesn't and we are entirely out of pocket.

Knowing that you could do it again without paying would be an ok reason to transfer one for me.

 
At 08 February, 2007 10:28, Blogger Meg said...

I think your answer was perfect. Some days are btter than others. Congrats on the embies, Lut. xxx

 

<< Home