Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Questions and anwsers

I suspect I wasn't counting correctly before. ER day is day 0, not day 1 according to the clinic's calendar. So today is 6dp3dt.

Do we know more about our diagnosis?



We haven't really had the chance to talk about this cycle with our dr. so we don't know. My guess is that they won't be able to tell us anything new.
After the previous round, we were told that the issue was probably the lack of binding between sperm and zona pellucida. We were also told ICSI should solve that. The fact that ICSI did work is circumstancial evidence, not direct proof.
Not that I'm complaining.


When is the beta?

The clinic suggested I go for a beta on the 20th. Call me crazy, but I think I'm going to wait until the 22nd. I'm having my family over for dinner on the 20th, not a good day to test, if you ask me.
I could test on the 21st, but I have to go to work all day, you know amongst the 2 PG ladies.
On the 22nd, on the other hand, I'm not going to work. Ditto for the day after. I won't have to maintain a brave face for anyone - no matter what the result.
I reserve the right to change my mind of course.

Oh, and I don't expect my period to show up before I test. In my experience so far it takes a whole week for my period to show after I stop the progesterone supplements. Again, I'm not complaining, though I think this is odd.


Feeling any symptoms?

No. Nothing.
Now, since I've never been much of a PMS sufferer and have had very little side-effects from the drugs, I wouldn't expect to feel much in the way of PG symptoms, (should the occasion occur). So I'm not putting any stock in symptoms.
I still feel bloated from the stims. I'm eating comfort food, courtesy of the progesterone and the lack of discipline (this is not the time).

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 15 February, 2007 00:22, Anonymous statia said...

Dude, I totally stuffed my face with nothing but shit after my 1st transfer. I ate out every night that I was home that week. I look at it this way, you can't drink, and it's stressful.

So load up on the candy and the burgers. You deserve it.

 
At 15 February, 2007 01:41, Blogger Bea said...

No, this is not the time.

Waiting til the 22nd sounds very sensible. And if you change your mind, I'm sure you'll have sensible reasons for that, too (such as "get me the fuck off this ride"). Glad you seem to be travelling ok thus far.

Bea

 
At 15 February, 2007 02:31, Blogger My Reality said...

This is the time to pamper yourself.

I don't think I would have the self discipline to wait another 2 days for a beta - you are stronger than I am in that regard.

 
At 15 February, 2007 03:15, Blogger Bumble said...

OK, so you've got another week to wait, oooh, its a long shot but you can do it!!! And if you don't, well then I really like Bea's reasoning. Really hoping for you Lut.

 
At 15 February, 2007 03:27, Blogger Margo said...

The 2ww is a bitch, so I applaud you for being able to wait for 2 extra days for your beta. This is definitely not the time to worry about what you're eating. You need comfort food right now. I always eat junk during the 2ww. It's what gets me through. Hang in there my dear.

 
At 15 February, 2007 16:18, Blogger soralis said...

Good luck with your wait!

 
At 15 February, 2007 18:36, Blogger Aurelia said...

Wait, don't wait, whatever makes you feel better in the end...cause really it's good to take care of yourself emotionally, not just physically.
My only suggestion is, keep taking the progesterone until after the test, just in case. (I'm reading this like you were going to stop early.) It may not make a difference, but you don't want to be wondering afterwards, "what if?"

 
At 15 February, 2007 18:36, Blogger A.M.S. said...

You sound like you've found a sense of balance with this one. I'm glad you are indulging yourself a bit. You deserve it!

 
At 15 February, 2007 19:02, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

You are a brave soul, Lut. I couldn't stay away from the pee-sticks that long, let alone a beta. But I can totally understand why you would want to.

And, yes, now is the time to eat whatever you want. You've been through a lot - you deserve it!

 
At 15 February, 2007 20:07, Blogger projgen said...

Now is not the time, indeed. I totally stuffed my face during the 2ww.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I didn't get my period until a week after I stopped progesterone. My clinic thought that was odd, but *shrug* what can ya do?

 
At 15 February, 2007 21:10, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

If you can hold out until the 22nd it sounds like a good idea. Now is the time for chocolate, I'm glad to hear your indulging.

 
At 15 February, 2007 22:14, Blogger Susan said...

Yes, it took me almost 2 weeks to get my period after the progesterone.
I hear you, with the waiting thing. My beta is tomorrow, and I'm thankful that it is a Friday so I'll have the weekend to revel or recover, whichever is needed. I've got my fingers crossed for you.
Oh, and I've eaten everything in the house. Healthy, unhealthy, I don't discriminate.

 
At 16 February, 2007 00:21, Blogger The Town Criers said...

The waiting in the hardest part--just know there are a lot of people in the blogosphere (and I'm sure in your real life too!) who are rooting for you. And hoping. And crossing all crossable parts.

 
At 16 February, 2007 00:47, Blogger Millie said...

Best of luck with the wait. It sounds like you're in a really good space. Comfort food sounds like a great plan.

 
At 16 February, 2007 05:33, Blogger Sparkle said...

It is too soon for symptoms, so don't worry about that.

If you can hang out the extra days for the beta, then great.

Sounds like you're doing well with everything, it's only the last couple of days that are bad.

 
At 16 February, 2007 15:25, Anonymous Kath said...

Dear Lut, I totally understand about the waiting another two days. I hope the time speeds up for you, because waiting is excruciating...

Anyway, comfort food sounds like just the ticket.

 

<< Home