Sunday, March 11, 2007

6w6d - All is quiet

There's very little to report here, just the way I like it. I still have no symptoms of note, which should worry me, but for some reason doesn't particularly. Symptoms are not required for a healthy PG, at least that's the official stance. Besides, I still have time for some to develop.

I've borrowed two books on PG and have been reading up on the first trimester. DH and I even went to a 'birth centre' to get some information. I feel utterly unprepared for what is ahead, and I don't like the feeling one bit. Also, it's like infertility has wiped everything I knew before about pregnancy and child rearing from my mind. Not that I know so much.

There are a number of things we need to take care of soon, even though I'd rather wait.  We have the option of being monitored throughout the PG by a midwife, who would then also be present at the delivery.  If we want to pursue this, we need to start contacting midwives in our area.
Another thing is daycare. There are waiting lists, so I should start calling and registering our name here and there. I'm not looking forward to this chore at all.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty relaxed at the moment. I'm not confident in the outcome, but not obsessively checking for blood either.

Next appointment is in two weeks, no longer with dr. A, but back with dr. Sunshine. I'm a bit sorry to be leaving dr. A, because I really like his style. I'm sure I'll get used to dr. Sunshine again.
I don't know if I'll be having a scan at that appointment or just bloodwork. What I will be bringing up is a nuchal fold test and a triple test.

Someone asked how DH reacted to our BFP. He's the silent type, so I didn't expect big words or gestures. When he called his parents to fill them in, he was all smiles though. It was touching to see.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12 March, 2007 00:20, Blogger ak1908 said...

Hi,
It sounds like you are handling all of this new excitement (as scary as it is) very well. Hang in there and I hope all continues to go well!!!

 
At 12 March, 2007 00:22, Blogger Patience said...

Ack- you have to ring for day care already? That's just cruel!

So glad to hear everything is smooth and uneventful.

 
At 12 March, 2007 01:22, Blogger My Reality said...

Quiet is great news for now!

Do you have any kind of maternity leave? Looking into daycare already would make me think it is short.

 
At 12 March, 2007 03:12, Blogger Millie said...

Calling day care centers at 7 weeks? Isn't that inhumane?

I'm so glad that there's so little for you to report. I hope that keeps up for quite some time.

 
At 12 March, 2007 15:10, Blogger lucky #2 said...

I must say that you are very relaxed for this stage! Way to go! I wish I could have been like that!

I agree - I can't believe you have to worry about daycare waiting lists already!

Quiet and boring news is EXCELLENT right now!

 
At 13 March, 2007 00:16, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I'm glad things are nice and quiet. Boring is good!

We're doing a lot of the prep work you are also - day care, OB appts etc. It seems so soon - but I'd hate to not get a spot because we were too slow.

 

<< Home