Tuesday, March 27, 2007

All is well - 9w2d

The appointment with dr. Sunshine went very well.
The u/s showed a blob which was considerably larger than the one we saw last time, from 3mm to 2.4 cm! I couldn't recognize much, but the dr. said she saw arm and leg buds. The embryo is measuring right on track and we saw the heart beating away. Next she turned on the sound so we could hear it. I was struck with awe.

So awe-struck in fact that I forgot to book the next appointment, so I had to call her office when I got home. :-)
Next appointment will be the nuchal fold measurement and triple test in the middle of April.

Somehow dr. Sunshine counts differently than dr. A. I thought today was 9w1d, but she called it 9w2d. It doesn't make much difference, I suppose. Perhaps it has something to do with Daylight savings time, which started this weekend. Humpf.

I'm very happy and grateful everything is progressing nicely in there. So far so good.

I won't be posting the u/s pictures though, I don't have a scanner and there is too little distinctive to see.
Using the scanner at work is not a bright idea, I think. Not before I'm ready to spill the beans, at least.

Labels:

21 Comments:

At 27 March, 2007 21:42, Blogger Thalia said...

fantastic news, Lut, I'm so pleased. Did you see it wriggle at all?

 
At 27 March, 2007 22:05, Blogger projgen said...

Oh, how cool! And distinctly wonderful.

And yeah, blame the day discrepency on daylight savings - why not? I blame everything on daylight savings.

very very happy for you.

 
At 28 March, 2007 00:12, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

WONDERFUL news, Lut!!! So happy that all is well with you and the little one.

 
At 28 March, 2007 00:16, Anonymous Kath said...

Ah, Lut, that is so good to hear. (The heartbeat AND your news.) I'm so happy for you!

My gyno and I have a one-day difference in our date-counting too, but I figure we can just agree to disagree. ;)

 
At 28 March, 2007 00:38, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

That is excellent news Lut! I am so happy that all is well!

 
At 28 March, 2007 00:57, Blogger ms. c said...

Such great news, Lut. Congrats again and again.

 
At 28 March, 2007 01:57, Blogger Fertility Faux Pas said...

Arm and Leg Buds...Yay! So excited for you :) Wishing you continued good luck.

 
At 28 March, 2007 03:10, Blogger Bumble said...

Hooray Lut, great news! I'm so happy for you!!

 
At 28 March, 2007 03:59, Blogger Susan said...

Oh, you got to hear the heartbeat! I'm so jealous. It's funny, my OB put me at one day ahead of where I thought I was, too. Fine with me!
Here's to lots more good news.

Oh, creepy... my word verification ends with bayb. Like some obnoxious license plate...

 
At 28 March, 2007 04:50, Blogger ak1908 said...

Hi Lut,
I'm so excited for you. Arms, legs and a beating heart!!!!

 
At 28 March, 2007 07:34, Blogger Millie said...

Such good news. Hooray!

 
At 28 March, 2007 12:43, Anonymous shazz said...

Fantastic news!!

 
At 28 March, 2007 22:35, Blogger Angie said...

I'm glad things are going well! Great news!

 
At 29 March, 2007 00:05, Blogger Tinker said...

I did my own dating by adding two weeks to retrieval day. Anyone doing IVF (or IUI for that matter) who uses LMP for dating has got it backwards. The only reason LMP is used for dating a pregnancy is because most women don't know when they ovulated. If you're doing ART, you can pin ovulation to within an hour or so, so why use LMP?

 
At 29 March, 2007 01:50, Blogger My Reality said...

Fantastic news, Lut!! I am so happy to hear all is going well.

 
At 29 March, 2007 07:38, Anonymous Sarah said...

Congrats on the good news. I am just catching up with all the news in blogland over the past 10 weeks.

 
At 29 March, 2007 10:54, Blogger Patience said...

Great news!

 
At 29 March, 2007 18:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent news! I am so glad all is going well!

lucky#2

 
At 29 March, 2007 18:50, Anonymous sharah said...

Yay!

 
At 30 March, 2007 00:56, Blogger Isabel said...

Good news! Wishing you the best on each milestone.

 
At 02 April, 2007 02:39, Blogger fisher queen said...

Good news!

 

<< Home