Tuesday, April 03, 2007

10w2d - substance

On the symptom front, nothing new to report. I no longer get up every night to go to the bathroom, but I gather that's a normal development. I'm still hungrier than usual, though I had hoped that would diminish as I start cutting down the progesterone supplements.
Those of you who have suffered or are suffering through rough PG symptoms might be ticked off at my repeating the lack of symptoms every time. But out there, I'm sure, is someone googling 'no symptoms after IVF' in despair. And if you haven't had the opportunity, I hope you do soon. Besides, if I don't write it down, I will forget.

If it weren't for the scans and blood tests, I really wouldn't have any clue about being PG. I do feel something of substance growing beneath the fluff on my abdomen. Or am I imagining things? Maybe, it's my bladder I feel from time to time. Anyway, I'm starting to understand how some women just don't realize they're PG.

One the one hand I can't wait to start showing, to make this all more real. On the other hand, I'm glad to have my little secret, a happy one this time.

Strangely, work is one of the few places where I feel reality sinking in. I sit in meetings where plans are made for the rest of the year, and each time a date is mentioned I think where I might be by then - showing, heavily PG, on maternity leave ...  If I want to go back to work, I need to look for daycare now.  In between, I wonder whether there will be a job to go back to.  Formally speaking, I have limited job security, though in practice I know I'm not that easily replaced, candidates aren't exactly lining up. Still I worry, because I know reassurances won't be forthcoming, purely due to bureaucratic reasons. Oh well, there are worse things to worry about, and it isn't keeping me up at night.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 04 April, 2007 03:27, Blogger Bumble said...

Excellent to hear from you Lut, so happy things are going well. Enjoy the no symptoms, and enjoy your special little secret!

 
At 04 April, 2007 03:31, Blogger Bea said...

I've had hits on my blog from searches like that: No symptoms pregnant IVF. I wish I could make them come here instead. Keep writing about your lack of symptoms.

Bea

 
At 04 April, 2007 04:00, Blogger Sparkle said...

I have been the same - key symptom for me is tiredness. Anyone having gone thru IVF has grown to accept that - so it wasn't reassuring!

 
At 04 April, 2007 11:52, Blogger My Reality said...

If you are worried about forgetting if you don't write things down, maybe that in itself is a sympton - pregnesia!

 
At 04 April, 2007 14:11, Blogger Sarah said...

yeah i have few symptoms too, so it's good to hear. somehow though my belly is already huge, and it's becoming a problem trying to hide it from my boss. i envy your ability to hide your secret!

 
At 04 April, 2007 15:19, Anonymous Artblog said...

Hi, a belated congrats on the pregnancy.

And no symptoms too :)

Happy rest of pregnancy to you!

 
At 04 April, 2007 18:03, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It's good to hear from you. I am so glad that all is well. Enjoy the no symptoms thing.

 
At 05 April, 2007 04:59, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

I'm glad to hear that the symptoms aren't too bad. First trimester nausea sucks so if avoid it, all the better.
My pants started getting tight at 10 weeks so you might not be imagining things.

 
At 05 April, 2007 11:54, Anonymous Kath said...

Dear Lut, I am so happy to read that everything continues to go well. I'm the same way about thinking about work for the rest of the year -- it's such an odd feeling. But I hope, whatever you decide, that it will be purely up to you. It's great to have one's job be kept open...

 
At 05 April, 2007 16:35, Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Glad that you are feeling great and enjoying your little secret!

 
At 05 April, 2007 22:16, Blogger M said...

Glad to hear you are well! I was so anxious to show....and it took me forever!
I really had no symptoms either. I was always hungry and tired...that was about it!

 
At 06 April, 2007 19:07, Blogger Angie said...

Enjoy the no symptoms! I find myself wondering where I'll be when people talk about later dates later this year as well. Enjoy this time!

 
At 06 April, 2007 21:03, Blogger Allie said...

Hello from week 13 of pregnancy with no symptoms. Hop on over to my blog if you ever freak out about the lack of symptoms. I haven't had a real one yet. And I heard a heartbeat yesterday so I know there is a kid in there.

Don't worry. You're not alone.

 
At 08 April, 2007 03:55, Blogger Flygirl said...

Don't know if this helps but I had NO pregnancy symptoms for a long time. Eventually some food aversions kicked in but that was it for the first 4 months I would say. Having no symptoms is nervewracking. I was even in regular clothes until quite late. Hang in there.

 
At 09 April, 2007 20:59, Blogger Beagle said...

It's a shame that IF makes symptoms seem so appealling because it probably really is nice that you don't have many. The worry is unavoidable though having come to where you are on this hard road.

Hang in there! The 2nd tri is just around the bend!

 
At 11 April, 2007 05:42, Blogger ava said...

I think if there is one thing I'm learning it's that everyone's pregnancies are a little different -- symptoms, no symptoms, showing early, showing late, etc etc. I have had a hard time not worrying that somehow something must be wrong with mine, but so far so good...and it sounds like the same case for you! Also, I haven't had many symptoms either -- I think we all assume that we'll be throwing up constantly or whatever but it's not the case for a lot of people.

BTW, I started showing already this week (13wks) and let me tell you it's a little overwhelming when your little secret is totally out of the bag :)

 

<< Home