Sunday, July 01, 2007

Back in town

Just a quick note to say I'm back from a long and lovely holiday. Scandinavia is absolutely stunning, though all that nature can be a bit intimidating for an urban dweller as myself.

About a week into our holiday I started to feel the Insider move. To be more precise, I was finally certain that those little pangs I had been feeling before were in fact soft kicks.  The feeling is marvelous, there is actually another individual in there!
I can only feel it when I'm sitting still, and some days the Insiders seems awfully quiet - which does cause me to feel some alarm - but so far my patience has always been rewarded. Next ob/gyn appointment is on Tuesday.

At the very end of our trip, we had the opportunity to meet up with Nina and her husband. Meeting an online friend in real life was a first for me, kind of exciting! I thought it might be awkward - my husband doesn't officially know about my blog - so there would be a pink elephant in the room. Also, what do you talk about with someone with whom you've shared so much intimate below-the-navel details with, yet know little else about?
Within five minutes all my concerns fell away, conversation flowed very naturally and I enjoyed myself immensely. I wish we lived closer to each other so we could do it over some time soon.


I have a lot of catching up to do in blogland, which will take a while. I expect to get flooded at work the coming months, so things may remain somewhat quiet here.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 01 July, 2007 23:59, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It's great to have you back Lut! I am so glad that you enjoyed your vacation, and jealous that you met Nina.

 
At 02 July, 2007 01:39, Blogger My Reality said...

Welcome home, Lut! I actually clicked on your blog this morning to make sure I hadn't missed anything - I hadn't!

Glad you had a great vacation and got to meet another blogger. It is kind of cool, isn't it?

 
At 02 July, 2007 01:50, Blogger Beagle said...

Glad you had a wonderful getaway . . . glad you're back!

 
At 02 July, 2007 04:38, Anonymous Jys said...

Hi Lut!!
What a wonderful trip you had! I've always wanted to visit Scandinavia - its been a dream!! I have a friend who lives there and I hear it is beautiful!!
How cool that you felt the little one move!!!!! :D :D :D Do not be alarmed if you are not feeling the movements constantly - isn't it crazy how it goes from one worry to another? :D Soon you'll be wishing the activities gave you a break, as they get stronger and you can feel them all! :D ENJOY every minute!! This is such a wonderful part of pregnancy!! :) I think I will miss it all.
Hugs!!!!!
Jys :)

 
At 02 July, 2007 11:12, Anonymous Kath said...

Dear Lut, welcome back! I'm glad you had such a good time in Scandinavia -- and especially that you got to meet Nina! (So what kind of cover story did you tell your husband, then?)

And I'm thrilled that you're feeling movement! Isn't it amazing?

 
At 02 July, 2007 18:10, Blogger lucky #2 said...

So happy to hear the trip went well and glad the blogfriend meeting went well. (I can imagine your DH not knowing of your blog could make that a hard friendship to explain!).

I am so very happy that you can feel the insider. It is such a special feeling. I love having MiniMe with me in the world, but in a strange way I miss that feeling of her moving inside! :)

 
At 04 July, 2007 06:46, Anonymous ovagirl said...

welcome back! And how lovely to hear about you feeling movements now. It's wonderful.

It's great meeting another blogger. I got to meet Granny P (aka penelope farmer) in Sydney a while back and I couldn't stop laughing for the first ten minutes at the wierdness of it all. Of course it didn't help when I realised she was THE penelope farmer who wrote "Charlotte Sometimes" which was one of my very fave childhood books.

It's a small world!

 
At 04 July, 2007 18:02, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

The movements can be on/off in the beginning. It wasn't until I was 22 weeks that I felt them on a regular basis. Don't get too concerned about counting movements yet. The fact that you can feel them at this stage is perfect.
p.s. - even up until the end, I only felt them when I was sitting still.

 

<< Home