Friday, July 06, 2007

Good news all around

The ob/gyn appointment went just fine. We had our anatomical scan and the doctor took her time to check the Insider out. All is well, though I wonder just how much they can really tell from a fuzzy u/s image.

The Insider was sitting with his/her legs crossed, so the doctor couldn't get a good look. We're still uncertain about whether it's a boy or a girl, but I don't care about not knowing. We'll find out eventually.

I was so happy seeing the Insider on the screen again, kicking and wiggling, and hearing the doctor's reassuring news that I forgot to ask how big the baby was. The u/s print-out said the estimated weight is 500g and the femur length is 4 cm. A friend told me that femur x7 is the babies estimated full length, which means the Insider measures 28 cm.

Still, I barely look PG. I'm still wearing some of my regular pants, fully zipped up too. Other pants require the trick with the rubber band. I just look like I've been enjoying too much good food lately.  But I'm not complaining, my time will come.
The doctor was happy with my weight gain though, meaning that I haven't gone up too much. That was a first - a medical professional approving of something related to my weight. I enjoyed hearing that.


Labels:

14 Comments:

At 06 July, 2007 00:21, Blogger Tinker said...

Wonderful news, Lut! I'm glad the Insider is doing well. I'm not sure whether to think you lucky for not showing much yet or not. Certainly I've enjoyed being visibly pregnant as it beats looking dumpy any day. But at the same time, your abdominal muscles are holding strong and your odds of having a nice flat tummy afterwards look good too.

 
At 06 July, 2007 05:12, Blogger hadjare said...

Do you think you would post belly pics? Or no?

and Hi! I've been lurking for a couple months now -- ever since we got our positive and I desperately needed the reassurance that everything I experiencing as a PIAF was normal.

 
At 06 July, 2007 07:39, Blogger Bumble said...

What great news, time seems to be flying! Your little one's femur is as long as my little ones whole body! And I can't believe you're not showing, lucky girl. My tummy already looks podgy. But thats probably from all the Tim Tams and chocolate ice cream I've been eating he he...x

 
At 06 July, 2007 10:48, Anonymous Kath said...

Dear Lut, that is so good to hear. Yes, I'm always surprised by how well some doctors can interpret ultrasounds -- once you've seen some incredible state-of-the-art machines, you wonder how people do without.

I haven't asked about the estimated size of my insider either -- but the femur length is indeed multiplied by seven to get a rough estimate.

I'm amazed that you can still zip up some of your pants -- but your baby is evidently growing just fine, so it's just something to marvel at. Just think how much money you've saved!

 
At 06 July, 2007 13:51, Blogger Beagle said...

That's wonderful to hear LC!

 
At 06 July, 2007 15:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent news! Good job with the weight gain, too. My worst phase was the first 16 weeks when I was SO nervous I stress ate and those are the pounds I am dealing with now. Augh.

lucky#2

 
At 06 July, 2007 18:11, Blogger Bronwyn said...

So glad to hear everything is going well! I was sort of the same way when I was pg. -- I only got into full-time mat. clothes at the end of the 5th month, and even then I could still squeeze into some of my more "forgiving" bottoms. Soon, you won't be able keep it a secret from strangers!

The trip sounded lovely, btw. What a nice break!

 
At 06 July, 2007 23:11, Blogger Thalia said...

fantastic news, I'm so pleased the insider is doing so well. such a relief, every time.

 
At 07 July, 2007 02:39, Blogger Anna said...

So glad everything is looking good for you! Thank you for updating!

 
At 09 July, 2007 03:34, Blogger My Reality said...

Great news, Lut!

 
At 10 July, 2007 23:07, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I, too, am amazed at your lack of maternity wear! WOW!

Glad to hear all is well with the Insider. It's so fun to see them on the u/s screen!

 
At 11 July, 2007 03:19, Blogger Heather said...

Just found your blog in the past few days. Congratulations on the great ultrasound!

 
At 14 July, 2007 21:18, Blogger ellie said...

Good News! I am glad things are going so smoothly and that you had a awesome vacation!

 
At 21 July, 2007 16:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help but notice that you hit the 100 day milestone! Only 100 days left! You are having such a great pregnancy and you have been so positive. I really admire your frame of mind!

lucky#2

 

<< Home