Thursday, August 02, 2007

27 weeks: Worries will bubble to the surface

In brief: Attended more prenatal classes; went to clinic for reassurance after a long bout of dozing Insider, all is fine.

Usually, the Insider has a good kicking session about 30 minutes after every meal and at night when I crawl into bed. Yesterday night, things remained pretty quiet until I poked and prodded a bit.  I woke up early this morning, about 5 am, feeling worried. After a while, I got up, and got a large glass of orange juice hoping the sugar rush would wake the Insider up. Lo and behold, 20 minutes later I felt a few nice kicks.
During the day, all was quiet again, and by mid afternoon I was worried again. So I left work and went to my clinic in the hopes of getting some reassurance - and thankfully that's exactly what I got. No sooner was the monitor hooked up and the Insider started kicking up a storm, as if the monitor were bothering him/her. The doctor said that's not the case, but the Insider could have fooled me. Anyway, I hope the Insider goes back to a regular schedule of activity in there, much better for my peace of mind.

I attended another couple of prenatal classes. One session focused on pelvic floor exercises, another on how to push during delivery. The classes are organised by the hospital, so we also get some inside information.
So far I've learned that my ob/gyn is a great fan of epidurals, while I'd rather avoid one. Also, my ob/gyn is not too keen on deliveries in a sitting position, which is exactly what I'd rather do. Sigh. Oh well, the ob/gyn only drops in at the very end, and the midwives are known to be more supportive of more natural birthing.
Besides, in the end, safe and sound is all that matters.

When I look at the other women in the class, I can't help but wonder if any of them had any trouble getting PG. That is until one women inquired somewhat anxiously about vaginal exams, when did that start and do they hurt? Obviously, the concern of a fertile (and all the better for her). I am still jealous of fertile couples, though most of the sting is gone. I don't think that will ever go away completely.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 03 August, 2007 02:16, Blogger My Reality said...

I can't believe you are 27 weeks already! Glad all is well with the Insider.

 
At 03 August, 2007 02:28, Blogger Bumble said...

So happy to hear the little one is doing so well! And causing his/her mommy sleepless nights already! Your ticker is just flying by!

 
At 03 August, 2007 10:01, Anonymous Kath said...

Dear Lut, I'm glad to hear you got some good reassurance from the Insider and your doctor. Some days insiders just want a bit of rest -- I just wish they would let us know that somehow!

That woman in your prenatal class (Vaginal exams?? You mean -- look up your hoo-ha?! Golly, when? Why? Does it hurt??) must have been a challenge to your facial muscles...

 
At 03 August, 2007 11:54, Blogger Bea said...

Love your little summaries at the top, by the way. And yes, at the end of the day, safe and sound is all that matters. Hopefully without too many arguments, though.

Bea

 
At 03 August, 2007 12:48, Blogger LL said...

I agree it never really goes away. I still feel jealous of those women who get pg at the drop of a hat (or of their pants..) and Lil'Moooey is 14 months old...

 
At 03 August, 2007 14:58, Blogger lucky #2 said...

Glad the Insider was just taking long rests. Why do they have to scare us so much? :)

And, no, the twinge of jealousy for fertile couples doesn't go away.

 

<< Home