Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A batch of 7

In brief: 7 follicles. Good.

Today's U/S showed a batch of 7 follicles. My mind says that is ok, and that I should be pleased.
Pleased isn't how I would describe my feelings.

Greed: I want more.
Relief: there is response!
Anxiety: is it enough to make it to transfer, and dare I hope, for the freezer?
Impatience: faster!

Pleased is what I'd feel if I get to take home a live healthy baby (another, gasp, such greed!).
Scrap that, I'd feel euphoric.

Physically, I'm doing fine. I have a hint of headache now and then (dehydration or the meds?). I feel slightly bloated, but it's somehow reassuring that something is going on in there.

No more worries about timing though, the meeting abroad was cancelled. Yippie.

Linnea is starting to say a few words. Finally, she said Mommy, though sometimes I wonder if she knows what she's saying.
Other words are daddy, car, walk, apple.

8 Comments:

At 15 April, 2009 18:15, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

7 is a good number, not great, but you know "it only takes one!!" Ha - had to say that even though it irritates the heck out of me.

I understand how you feel - my ovaries were not exactly overperformers either, but at the end of the day all you really want is another baby at home...

Good that the meeting was canceled so you don't have to juggle that on top of the cycle.

Linnea's vocabulary expansion is so exciting, isn't it???

 
At 16 April, 2009 01:42, Blogger m said...

7 = freaking fantastic in my book! I know the ambiguity of being happy and disappointed and all those different emotions at the same time, but seriously 7 is very, very good!

x

 
At 16 April, 2009 02:27, Blogger My Reality said...

7 is a lucky number . . .

 
At 16 April, 2009 09:25, Blogger Bea said...

Words! That sounds exciting.

Fingers crossed on the follicle front.

Bea

 
At 17 April, 2009 00:49, Blogger Sara said...

Seven sounds good to me, but I totally know what you mean about wanting more. It's really all about the one baby in the end, though, isn't it? I just hope that you get that part of your dream, regardless of the rest of the details.

 
At 18 April, 2009 00:33, Blogger Sparkle said...

Here's the thing ... quality.
7 is great, but it is your first scan, so prolly more.

Headaches - reckon its the synarel.

 
At 18 April, 2009 22:23, Blogger lucky #2 said...

Hopeful for a successful cycle!

 
At 20 April, 2009 07:32, Blogger Soralis said...

Good luck!!!

 

<< Home