Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ravenous

In brief: Feeling better. Temper, temper. Appetite.

Sunday I slept, Monday I slept, Tuesday I went back to work. I had a stomach bug of sorts I think.
Sleeping is a good way to pass the time.

Today, Linnea had a real temper tantrum. She wanted to go down the slide before leaving daycare, not once, not twice but ten times if she had her way.
Mean mommy wouldn't let her, daycare was closing and mommy was feeling very hungry. Linnea howled, she bucked in the stroller, escaped to rage some more in a corner, then sobbed while I sat her on my lap for comfort. When I tried the stroller again, she bucked some more, but this time I firmly (but still gently) strapped her in. After that she sulked for 5 minutes, but then happily started pointing out things to me on the way home. When I handed her some junk mail from our postbox, she gave me a big smile.

Then I rushed in the door, handed Linnea over to Dad and headed for the fridge. Must! Eat! Now! It reminded me of when I was PG with Linnea, I had frequent hunger attacks.
It's a symptom, I'm sure it is, of progesterone suppositories. I'm not waiting for signs, because I remember not having any last time.

8 Comments:

At 29 April, 2009 23:43, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I'm glad you are feeling better.

The tantrums are funny, but they're not. Car.sten is starting those too...!

 
At 30 April, 2009 01:50, Blogger My Reality said...

Glad you are feeling better.

 
At 30 April, 2009 02:34, Blogger namaste said...

Oh, the tantrums over stupid things. Get used to it. The only helps I've found have been offering choices (I make the major choice - yes, you are wearing shoes, but you can choose between this pair or that pair) and giving warnings (it's almost time to go; okay, you can go one more time; okay, it's time to go) without phrasing things as a question (are you ready to go? NO!!).

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

 
At 30 April, 2009 04:21, Blogger hadjare said...

Your description of the tantrums are right on. Today the most memorable were because I wouldn't let set a password, hug another tot who didn't want hugs, and there was a cheerio stuck to the bottom of her foot.

I'm rooting for you.

 
At 30 April, 2009 12:44, Blogger Sara said...

I agree that the progesterone causes hunger attacks, but hopefully the hunger is also a sign of great things to come.

Tantrums here too. Ugh. Thank goodness for the short attention span.

 
At 01 May, 2009 07:44, Anonymous SurvivingTTC said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! And I have all my fingers crossed for you!

I totally relate on having the "gotta-have-it-now" toddler :) I find that what works best for me is creating a distraction as soon as possible. Bubbles, crayons or even candy readily available in the diaper bag always work magic. Sometimes I just have to bribe her with a promise of something we'll do together. Its amazing how the simplest things make them so happy :)

 
At 05 May, 2009 02:55, Blogger namaste said...

Um, anxiously waiting for an update here...

 
At 05 May, 2009 13:28, Blogger m said...

So glad all is looking so positive - apart from the temper tantrums of course!
Hang in there... x

 

<< Home