Monday, May 11, 2009

Not the faintest ...

... shadow of a line on the HPT this morning. I'm disappointed.

Do you think expiry dates on HPTs mean anything? I used one that expired in 2007, a left-over from the stash I had before conceiving Linnea. A false negative is only the faintest shadow of hope, and I'm trying not to blow it up into more.

Blood draw is up next, results should be in later today. I'm still dutifully taking the progesterone supplements until then.
If failure it is, then a clean failure would be nice.

3 Comments:

At 11 May, 2009 12:00, Blogger Sara said...

Aw shite, Lut. I'm sorry. It may well be a false neg--those expiration dates DO mean something--but regardless, I'm sorry that you had to face a negative test. That's always bloody miserable.

I have only done two expired tests ever. One was an (accurate) negative, but the other had no lines at all--no test line, but no control line either. I don't think that you should take that negative too seriously.

I hope that the beta gives you a very pleasant surprise.

 
At 11 May, 2009 12:51, Anonymous orodemniades said...

Well, crap, I was hoping for a positive for you. But my dr distrusts pee sticks, he said only betas are worthwhile...

 
At 12 May, 2009 17:13, Blogger Thalia said...

I'm sorry to hear that. they've mostly worked for me, except one time although that turned out to be a chemical. I wish this was easier.

 

<< Home