Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Not so fast

In brief: FET a no-go. Linnea loves the potty!

U/S this morning was promising, lining thickening and one follicle had grown to 15 mm (amongst quite a number of smaller ones). I left for work on a positive note, and spent the day accordingly.
Later the nurse called, my FET is cancelled! My E2 level was only 35, woefully low and there's no time to let it climb sufficiently before our holiday.

In hindsight, I should have done the medicated cycle as the RE intended originally (I ran out of meds, remember). Though I must say I was happy to be off of medication for the time being. Perhaps I could suggest Clomid for next time?

Disgruntled, that sums up how I feel. I had hoped to get the FET over and done with now. Preferably with a transfer, but quite possibly without. Next chance to do anything is August, that seems so very far away. Also the question "to survive the thaw or not to survive the thaw" will bug me for the coming months. Any suggestions on how to forget about the whole TTC#2 affair for a month or two?
The holiday should help. Staying away from IF boards perhaps too. And blogs? I may lay low for a while, or not.

My problem solving friend helpfully reminded me that now I can enjoy my holiday in peace. True, very true, but today I'm allowing myself to feel disgruntled. Possibly tomorrow too.


In completely unrelated news, Linnea loves her potty! We're not potty-training as such, but introduced the potty a few months ago just to let her get used to the idea. At daycare, they started at about the same time. Surprisingly, Linnea loves her potty. She sits on it like it's a throne, reads a book, calls friends on her mobile phone* or plays with her shape sorter. At first, she didn't get what it was for, except for sitting - which she insisted on doing whenever she caught sight of her potty. Taking off the diaper first, that hadn't registered yet.
She's making progress though. While she doesn't ask for the potty yet when she needs to go, when I offer her the potty she does make use of the opportunity. With the cloth diapers, it's certainly worth her while. I just hope she's potty-trained before she understands what the "baby dry" ads are for on TV, otherwise I may have an uprising on my hands.

* Not a working phone.

8 Comments:

At 03 June, 2009 23:06, Blogger Heather said...

Whenever I was on a break I usually found that I did steer away from the blogs...just because I wasn't posting much and didn't have much to say. The time went by faster for me if I read and cooked, went out with friends and took care of me...

Hope your trip is WONDERFUL and that the break is over before you know it.

 
At 04 June, 2009 00:00, Blogger My Reality said...

August will be here before you know it. I am sorry your body didn't cooperate this cycle.

 
At 04 June, 2009 03:07, Anonymous SurvivingTTC said...

Aww Lut, so sorry about the cancelled FET, that stinks! But on the bright side August is NOT too far away - seriously, I have a bunch of planned events in August and am already freaking out that its coming up so soon.

Your friend is right, enjoy your trip! And coming from someone who cancelled her own FET cycle for a couple of months - those months FLEW. I barely blinked and it was time to do the FET. Best advice is to just stay busy. Enjoy Linnea. That's one HUGE way to take one's mind off cycling any day :)

Funny about her and the potty!! :D DD loves hers for sitting too and has used it a few times, but we're nowhere near full potty readiness though.

 
At 04 June, 2009 05:01, Blogger Sparkle said...

Don't worry you'll forget about cycling on holiday ... it'll just happen.

BUT did they explain why they think that happened ie a follie, but a low E2? It happened to me and I didn't actually ask, but now I wonder. In my case, I didn't get a week to see if it fixed, it was just cancelled.

Enjoy your holiday.

 
At 04 June, 2009 13:19, Blogger Sara said...

I'm sorry that the FET didn't work out. Time does fly whenever I'm on a "break," but I realize that's no consolation now.

Have a great trip!

 
At 05 June, 2009 02:49, Blogger namaste said...

I'm so sorry that you didn't get to cycle before holiday but I agree August isn't technically that far away, although it seems like it. When this cycle turns out to be a bust, I won't be cycling until then most likely.

I spent this last break between cycles working out, enjoying seeing the results, enjoying my wine, trying out new recipes, and enjoying my kid. I kept up with the bloggers, but if you need to take a break, I'd certainly understand.

Hugs to you.

 
At 07 June, 2009 03:46, Blogger Heather said...

Sorry about the cancelled FET. Glad to hear Linnea loves the potty!!!

 
At 06 July, 2009 08:41, Blogger noela said...

I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to do the FET as you planned!

I hope you can enjoy your holiday though, and that August will be here for you quickly!!

Take care,
N

http://noela.typepad.com/a_brighter_discontent/

 

<< Home