Monday, July 27, 2009

Delay, now extra prolonged!

In brief: August? October is more like it.

For the past 2 weeks I've been watching my mail box for a pack of prescriptions to arrive from my clinic. Thinking I'd need my meds in about 2 weeks time, I called them this morning to figure out what was going on. The nice lady on the phone was kind enough to figure it out for me. The prescriptions are in the mail, so far the good news. The bad news is that I hadn't been booked in yet by my RE, and the first available slot is in October. The reason is simple, he's on holiday.
I wouldn't have expected him to book me in, only he instructed me to leave a message on his answering machine on CD1, leading me to believe it would be taken care of ... silly me.

I'm not happy with the new delay. Actually, I'm pretty angry with it. It's symptomatic for everything I loathe about IF. The waiting, the dependence on other people, the trouble planning anything, ...

The baby boom all around me isn't helping my peace of mind any.

Really, I'd like to stamp my feet and scream very loudly, like a disgruntled 2yo. Obviously, I should get some perspective. But can it wait until tomorrow?


Linnea, meanwhile, is talking a lot, even making small sentences. Often we still need to guess what she's saying, but when we get it right she laughs excitedly.
She seems to learn new skills overnight. One day she was just puzzled by her shape sorter, the next she was shoving in the shapes like it was routine. The same for jig-saws.
Reading books is still a favorite activity, though only if she gets to do the reading. I've tried reading her a short, short story just before bed, but she's not interested (which is natural at her age).

Linnea isn't overly cautious. She loves to climb on stuff, without any regard for how hard the underground beneath is. I frequently hold my breath while I watch her climb the sofa, her chair, our bed, the stairs ...
And why stick to the baby slide, if you can wizz down the big exciting tube slide?

I want so badly to keep her safe from harm, I have to fight the urge to be absurdly overprotective. Her being our only child, makes that urge all the harder to fight.
I suppose if I'd have two, I'd feel the same way twice. But for now, all my eggs are in one basket.

5 Comments:

At 28 July, 2009 01:17, Blogger Sara said...

I'm so sorry about the unexpected delay. That's so frustrating! I would definitely be tearing at my hair and gnashing my teeth if that happened to me.

I was wondering the same thing about having all of my eggs in one basket. I definitely struggle not to be overprotective too, and I can't help but think that it's at least in part due to my awareness that Eggbert is my only child. I'm pretty sure that parents of multiple children also want to protect their kids, though. Hmmm.

 
At 28 July, 2009 01:44, Blogger My Reality said...

Delays bite. Sorry you have to wait even longer.

 
At 28 July, 2009 08:19, Blogger Bea said...

Damn that mixup. You're right - the dependence on others is one of the big things about IF. The removal of your autonomy as parents, and people.

Linnea sounds like she's coming along so well, though!

Bea

 
At 30 July, 2009 00:28, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Ugh for delays. But yay for Linnea.

 
At 31 July, 2009 16:31, OpenID survivingttc said...

Lut, I'm sorry about the delay :( That stinks!! I totally get the dependence on "others" that can be very annoying for sure. It's happened to me several times where the delay/postphonement was from the RE's end and that always made me mad. But in the end, it really all works out. It really is weird how once its all said and done and behind you, you suddenly would not want your dates any other way.
Cute and funny about Linnea!! :) And I dont think it has anything to do with eggs in one basket - I think its just normal mommy feelings! :)

 

<< Home