Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bakers dozen

There were 13 follicles which yielded 11 good eggs and two unusable eggs. That's about the same as the last times on this protocol.

Retrieval went ok. The hardest part was getting stuck a whole 4 times to get the IV in. I came very close to fainting, but managed to hang on.
Once the twilight sedation kicked in, I was completely out of it. The next thing I remember is being wheeled back to the ward. Last times, I remained somewhat conscious during the procedure.
Perhaps it's the flu, or perhaps they were a bit too generous with the anesthetic.

Tomorrow, I'll get a fertilization report. I'm a bit anxious, but that's to be expected.

I asked my RE about the impact of having the flu. He said it might knock a few percent off our chances, but didn't warrant cancellation. In our case, freezing everything isn't an alternative, considering our thawing problems.

Nothing is a given. The couple in the 'room' next to us were very unlucky. The woman had only 3 follicles, two of which had ovulated on their own and the third egg was of bad quality. Not having a chance to transfer is bad enough, not having anything to fertilize is even worse. Now they don't even know if that's where the problem lies. Very sad.

All I can do is keep my fingers crossed.

5 Comments:

At 28 October, 2009 23:19, Blogger Heather said...

fingers crossed over here too!!

 
At 29 October, 2009 00:28, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

All in all, that sounds very promising. Here's hoping that the flu bug doesn't hit you too hard - or at all!

Fingers crossed here too.

 
At 29 October, 2009 00:58, Blogger Thalia said...

It does sound good. Fingers crossed.

 
At 29 October, 2009 02:12, Blogger Soralis said...

Good Luck!

 
At 29 October, 2009 08:17, Blogger Sparkle said...

Wonderful result ... fingers crossed for great fertilisation.
But I'm late - so you already know I think ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home