Friday, October 02, 2009

Hot stuff

Just as I'm counting down the last couple of days before I get to start my meds, DH develops a fever.
And yes, this is deja vu (see what happened in February of this year).

The fever doesn't seem as high as last time to me, but I can only guestimate. We don't own a grown-up thermometer, didn't then and still don't (mental note: get one for next time).
I suppose it doesn't really matter all that much exactly how high the fever is.

So, do we postpone or not. I really, really dislike the idea of waiting some more and doing nothing. But then again, do I want to go through all the hassle of a cycle all the while doubting the quality of DH's contribution (to put it euphemistically)?
A delay of 8 weeks would put retrieval at the end of November and (knock on wood) the 2WW in the beginning of December. Just before the holiday season is not the very best of timing, but the alternative is waiting even longer until January.

If I needed reminding why I resent IF ...

2 Comments:

At 03 October, 2009 22:02, Anonymous Kath said...

Dear Lut, ugh, that's grim. I'm so sorry about yet another vexing stumbling block, one more "thing that might be harmless yet might not be and you decide what to do on the basis of medical knowledge, guesswork and tea leaves". Waiting more would be soul-sucking and not waiting possibly worse. I wish you luck and peace making that difficult decision.

Just one question: does it really not matter how high the fever is? I mean, if you got a thermometer now and put a value on things, wouldn't it help you make the decision -- or isn't enough known about the effect of specific temperatures on sperm to be able to help you? Please forgive me my ignorance here.

And yes, IF sucks on so many levels.

 
At 06 October, 2009 00:24, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Argh. I hate that you keep hitting potential roadblocks.

 

<< Home