Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lets roll

In Brief: we're going ahead with IVF nr. 4.

After consulting with the clinic, we decided to go ahead with the cycle. My husband was ill the whole weekend, but he dutifully took his fever suppressants and the fever didn't get very high (I guess).
For better or for worse, we're not postponing.

This morning I had my baseline u/s, and all was fine. Tomorrow I start the injections.

Meawhile there's a babyboom going on at work (am I repeating myself?). Two babies were born this week, and two more are on the way. I became an aunt again a few weeks ago and a friend of mine is due any day now. It doesn't hurt as much as before, not by a long shot. Still, the old window of opportunity thought still haunts me.

Luckily, I can reread the 21 (?!) comments from that post to talk it out of my head again. This bloggity thing is really practical, come to think of it.

Does anyone else feel they become more self-absorbed when cycling? I do and I am.

5 Comments:

At 15 October, 2009 02:38, Blogger My Reality said...

Hoping all goes well with this cycle.

 
At 15 October, 2009 06:51, Blogger Soralis said...

Wishing you luck!

 
At 15 October, 2009 16:30, Blogger lucky #2 said...

Yes, I was very self-absorbed during my IF struggle. I had no IRL friends to relate to and everyone else was SO damn fertile that it was hard not to be! It's hard not to focus on it when you have appointment after appointment, medicine after medicine always on your mind.

Hoping this is a "perfect" cycle!

 
At 15 October, 2009 23:01, Anonymous Kath said...

Dear Lut, I wish you all the best of luck for this cycle. May it work beautifully for you, banishing all dark thoughts of closed windows of opportunity once and for all.

And yes, I think it is in the nature of cycling to make one self-absorbed. The daily shots and regular monitoring -- and of course the high stakes -- would make anyone tend to obsess. Wishing you a relatively stress-free journey this time around.

 
At 15 October, 2009 23:06, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I've definitely noticed that I'm less self-absorbed now that I am no longer cycling... it's not just you. :-)

I hope everything goes great this go round!

 

<< Home