Monday, October 26, 2009

Right about ... now

In brief: retrieval on Wednesday, wow, already!

This weekend I compared notes from my first IVF cycles to figure out when retrieval might be, I concluded it would be on Friday, most likely.
Today's bloodwork says otherwise apparently, my retrieval is on Wednesday (early morning).

It caught me by surprise a bit, though I'm glad it's sooner rather than later. The stimulation phase went well, much like it did last times, and I can't say I've been overly preoccupied by it. With retrieval starts a much more stressful phase for me. Will there be any embryos? Will there be one good one? And most importantly will it stick? There is reason to hope, but no certainty of any sort.

The logistics have been taken care of. Linnea will be staying over at her grandparents. I won't take her to the clinic (as someone suggested I might, and yes an IF vet!) unless there absolutely is no other alternative available.

All that's left for me to do is take my trigger shot at the right time. And not forget to mix the powder in the solvent ... otherwise this attempt is down the drain.
(I've heard of this happening, though it hasn't yet happened to me, knock on wood).


2 Comments:

At 26 October, 2009 21:58, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I hope all goes well!

 
At 27 October, 2009 05:45, Blogger Sparkle said...

Awesome, look forward to hearing how it goes.
Wow - I didn't think you had to mix the powder anymore for the trigger anymore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home