Friday, November 06, 2009

Halfway

In brief: Halfway the 2WW. No symptoms, as expected. Hope? Don't ask.

Retrieval and transfer seem like they happened ages ago. Testing day, November 12th, seems far off.
There are large parts of the day when I don't think about it. But whenever I'm not occupied, I wonder.

I'm not waiting for symptoms, I didn't have any the last times. All I can say is that I feel less bloated before and just after retrieval. But I guess that's normal.

Hope is still as tricky as ever. I'm wishing this cycle would work, but I'm not exactly hopeful that it actually will. Does that make sense?

I need to go out and buy some P-sticks, cheap ones. 15 euro (about 22 US dollars) for one (ONE!) brand-name P-stick is a bit steep, if you ask me.

My flu-like symptoms are gone, except for a nasty cough. Linnea caught the same symptoms over the weekend. She's been snotty and listless all week. She has just discovered the wonders of TV and now wants to do so all the time. I can't fool her by sticking in an age-appropriate DVD either, she insists that no, actually it's television she wants. I'm planning to record some of the better TV shows, in the hopes of keeping her away from the less appealing ones. Is two too young for Sesame Street?

9 Comments:

At 07 November, 2009 02:13, Blogger My Reality said...

I think two is the exact right age for Sesame Street.

 
At 07 November, 2009 06:01, OpenID survivingttc said...

So excited for you!!!! Praying and crossing all fingers! :D You know, hard as the two week wait is - it is still such a magical and mystical time. Enjoy every minute.

 
At 07 November, 2009 06:05, Blogger Krista said...

I think it is a good age for Sesame Street, however Caden (also 2) has no interest in it.

There are a couple of shows that I have found educational and age appropriate that he really enjoys. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is great about teaching numbers, shapes and colours, as well as manners and Caden loves it. Little Einsteins is probably my favorite, it teaches about a piece of classical music, a piece of famous art (although the art is only a small part of the show) and a famous place or landmark. This is Caden's favorite show.

Television is a big issue in our house these days too. Caden watched tv for the first time at about 18 months but has recently starting asking for it much more often. My absolute max limit is two shows per day but I try to make it through the day without turning on the tv. I am much less strict in the late afternoon though, if we have played outside much of the morning!

 
At 07 November, 2009 21:31, Blogger lucky #2 said...

Sesame Street is perfect for 2. It is an absolute fave at our house (and always a discussion of why we always see so many reruns when they have to have thousands of episodes)....

Wishing sweet Linnea a quick recovery...not much worse than a sick baby.
Hoping with you....

 
At 09 November, 2009 09:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can get hold of Play School from Australia, you will love it. It's been around forever and the kids just love it - right through to school age.

I cannot recommend it enough :)

 
At 09 November, 2009 22:48, Blogger Thalia said...

We don't get sesame street on UK television any more, much to my sorrow. I've tried to show P some on you tube but it doesn't grab her. Think it's worth a try with Linnea.

And in response to your comment at prata baby, I would love to read more about linnea!

 
At 12 November, 2009 06:45, Blogger Sparkle said...

Hope you're travelling well ... towards the end of the 2WW.

 
At 12 November, 2009 14:24, Anonymous Nina said...

Oh I'm sooo having my fingers crossed for you today.

TV. Stella has shown some interest. We let her watch 15 minutes some days of the week, mostly when we feel she needs to calm down a bit (high energy kiddo). She watches her beloved Miffy DVD. Over and over and over again. yawn.

HUG

 
At 12 November, 2009 21:04, Anonymous Kath said...

Thinking of you today, my dear, and hoping. XO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home