Friday, December 18, 2009

Break time

Well, there was no meltdown in public thanks to the miracle of voice-mail, but the thaw did fail as expected.
It doesn't need saying that I'm disappointed. I'm also annoyed with the utter waste of time, but that's how this game works.

To answer some of your responses on getting a second opinion, there are a number of reasons why I want to inform my RE of this myself.
He'll probably be notified by the clinic staff when I request my records. I have to get my records before going to Bigger Clinic, because they want to see them at the appointment.

Also I want to keep my RE in the loop, because I hope he would be willing to do preparatory bloodwork and U/S even if I were to cycle with Bigger Clinic. Given that he already cooperates with several clinics, this is conceivable (no pun intended).

But first, I'm taking a small break. I may - gasp - even take a break from blog reading. We'll see.

10 Comments:

At 18 December, 2009 21:28, Anonymous Mrs. Hope said...

Wow. How utterly crappy. You do what you need to do as far as the RE - I think you are entitled a second opinion, and I think most of the time the doctors understand. My doctor did.

(((HUGS)))

 
At 18 December, 2009 22:39, Blogger My Reality said...

I am sorry the thaw failed. I am disappointed right along with you.

 
At 19 December, 2009 03:02, Blogger Bea said...

Holy crap! I thought for sure your stats would come up ok this time. It sounds like you're well and truly ready for a break and a review. Good luck with both. See you when we see you in the meantime.

Bea

 
At 19 December, 2009 03:29, Anonymous Orodemniades said...

Damn, I was hoping this one would thaw and be #2 for you. A break sounds good, but I hope you're back!

 
At 19 December, 2009 15:34, Blogger Sara said...

Oh crap Lut. I'm sorry.

 
At 21 December, 2009 03:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh damn Lut. Sorry I'm so late getting the news - but I know that nothing really helps with this.
DinoD

 
At 21 December, 2009 19:49, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I'm sorry. I hope your break helps you get your mind off of things.

I think you are right to look for a 2nd opinion and see where it leads you...

 
At 21 December, 2009 21:49, Anonymous Kath said...

Oh, dear Lut, I'm so sorry to hear that. What a pile of shit to deal with in this holiday season. How understandable that you want to take a break now.

Wishing you much, much better luck with the new clinic, and good cooperation from your present doc.

(Sorry I'm only checking in now - had a house full of illness.)

 
At 26 December, 2009 11:23, Blogger Sparkle said...

Sorry for how this turned out.
Really glad you are going to another clinic.
Good idea to take a break.

 
At 03 January, 2010 22:50, Blogger Thalia said...

I'm so sorry the thaw failed, how utterly disappointing after all you went through. So hoping that next time is a big improvement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home