Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cliffhanger

I woke up at six this morning - nerves I suppose - though I then half
slept until 8.
Waiting, waiting, waiting for the phone to ring. By 11 I thought they
must have forgotten about me. I caved and phoned the clinic myself.

Imagine my surprise when the nurse told me they're holding out for a
day 5 transfer. Really?
But we had so few eggs, I protested, how can this be? To which the
nurse replied that this is good news, this means the embryos look
good.
So dumbfounded was I that I forgot to ask for the number (I don't dare
call back).

We've never ever done a day 5 transfer, too few embryos to risk it -
according to Local Clinic. 'Too few' is subject to debate, I suppose.
All kinds of thoughts are milling in my mind. It's a high stakes
gamble, and I can only hang on to the assumption that Bigger Clinic
knows what they're doing.

It collides with plans I had at work on Monday, but while annoying,
it's really just too bad.

9 Comments:

At 17 April, 2010 14:00, Blogger Bea said...

Lut, I have been bad at commenting but just wanted to know I'm also chewing fingernails here! I'm choosing to take this as good news. Gamble is probably quite an accurate description, but maybe what you need at this stage is a clinic with a lot of balls?

Bea

 
At 17 April, 2010 14:32, Blogger Heather said...

YAY for 5 day transfer - that is excellent news!!

I'm so excited for you!

 
At 17 April, 2010 15:23, Blogger My Reality said...

Good news so far!

 
At 17 April, 2010 16:13, Blogger Shazz said...

Lut M was from a 5 day transfer. My first 5 day transfer out of 11 transfers too.

I am so nervous for you and have it all crossed to the point I will get pins and needles or a limb will turn blue and drop off lol.

 
At 17 April, 2010 21:50, Blogger strongwoman said...

This is great news! I think you're right to trust the clinic's judgement, and it sounds like they have a lot of confidence in the embryos that are growing. Good stuff!

 
At 17 April, 2010 22:23, Blogger Thalia said...

I'm sure you're on tenterhooks but it's really good news. All fingers crossed.

 
At 18 April, 2010 02:12, Blogger Winnifred said...

hey -- that's great news!
I just checked in your blog for the first time in a long time (a yr maybe!) I too am cycling again (third fresh cycle)

fingers crossed for you!!

 
At 18 April, 2010 06:58, Blogger Sara said...

That sounds like really good news. My fingers are crossed for you!

 
At 18 April, 2010 20:38, Anonymous Kath said...

Dear Lut, I'm taking that as very good news, and continuing to send you the most positive good-luck vibes for tomorrow. XO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home