Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And now we wait

In brief: 2 transferred. Good numbers - on paper.

This afternoon 2 embryos were transferred, the word 'gems' was used to
describe them.
Amazingly, another 4 embryos were of high enough quality to freeze.
Wonderful - as long as I ignore our zero thaw survival rate so far.

This has been a great cycle so far, nice crop, good maturity rate,
excellent fert rate, quality embryos.
On paper, it looks good. After last time, I was thinking the end was
near - for medical reasons. After this time, I think we could go on
for a little longer - finances permitting. A two-edged sword, because
perhaps I'll only turn out to be wasting my energy so much longer. But
I'm trying not to think that far ahead.

I felt relaxed for the whole hour they made my lie down after the
transfer. After that, I got behind the wheel of my car, and any
pretense of calm flew out the window as I negotiated early rush hour
traffic. Surely, that amount of stress is toxic. Hardly even matters
what the science says. Let the fretting begin!

A whole two weeks to go before I'm invited for a beta test.

13 Comments:

At 31 August, 2010 21:53, Blogger serenity said...

Fingers crossed.

And I wholly agree with you about rush hour traffic. :)

xoxo

 
At 31 August, 2010 22:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"gems" - do you mind if I keep repeating that for a while?
DinoD

 
At 31 August, 2010 23:39, Blogger Heather said...

YAY!! Sending lots and lots of great thoughts your way!!!

 
At 01 September, 2010 01:03, Blogger Sara said...

Awesome! The news just couldn't be any better. All parts are crossed hoping for even more awesome news in 14 days (or sooner, if you decide to pee on a stick)!

 
At 01 September, 2010 12:48, Blogger Bea said...

Ok, commenting has been a little wonky... but it seems to be doing better again tonight so let me say hurrah for good on paper! Since that's all you can know for now anyway, I might as well give it a thumbs-up.

You're right, though - it is a two-edged sword knowing there's a chance if you *just* try again. For now, I'll just hope you don't have to.

Bea

 
At 01 September, 2010 15:33, Blogger Thalia said...

Thems some good numbers, my friend. Happy to hear things went well. And now we wait...

 
At 01 September, 2010 17:35, Blogger Roccie said...

Fantastic news. It will be a long, long 2 weeks. I am so very glad to hear such excellent reports.

Having so many frozen must feel wonderful, just in case you decide the baby(ies) in you now want more siblings...

 
At 02 September, 2010 03:33, Blogger My Reality said...

I am glad this cycle has gone so well. Fingers and toes crossed.

 
At 02 September, 2010 11:25, Blogger Vee said...

Hoping it will continue to go well! Good Luck.

 
At 02 September, 2010 20:56, Anonymous Mrs. Hope said...

Good luck. No, traffic is NOT relaxing. :)

 
At 03 September, 2010 06:38, OpenID survivingttc said...

Lut, how exciting!!! And praying for an awesome, wonderful, happy BFP outcome for you very shortly! :) :) :) :)
BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And what a beautiful way to describe the embies. They ARE gems. Glad you had some left to freeze!
Its a rollercoaster ride with cycling. But what an exciting and special time, at the same time. :)

 
At 03 September, 2010 19:38, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Hoping that good on paper will rightfully translate to good-inside-of-Lut=baby.

Anxiously waiting for your next news.

 
At 04 September, 2010 19:50, Blogger (Erica) Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Good Luck sweetie I will be keeping you in my sticky vibes thoughts every single night!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home