Monday, August 16, 2010

Camouflage

Can you do a cycle barely giving it a thought? Make it blend into the
background of everyday bustle? My guess is no, but I'm trying anyway.

I've been sniffing dutifully for two weeks and have permission to
start stimming. Good!
By the way, the results of my biopsy came in: all tests clear.


A friend of mine accompanied me to the pharmacy to pick up my meds for
this cycle, all of them. The pharmacist loaded everything into a bag
and I took it with a certain amount of glee - all set to go! Then I
caught my friend's eye - a touch of astonishment there. Seeing it
through her eyes, I remembered what a big heap of medicines actually
go into one attempt.

What I'd prefer not to remember right now is what the odds of success are.

8 Comments:

At 16 August, 2010 23:08, Blogger Heather said...

Giving it no thought? I say no. But you can try to ignore it and be in denial about the emotions that go with it...

Hope you have great success!!

 
At 16 August, 2010 23:52, Blogger Vee said...

I hope the odds are on your side.
Good Luck!

 
At 17 August, 2010 02:51, Blogger My Reality said...

If you can go through the cycle without giving it much thought, be sure to set an alarm to remember your meds.

I think with each cycle, I was able to give it less thought. It became my normal, much like the loss of shock value by the big bag of meds.

Fingers crossed.

 
At 17 August, 2010 03:11, Blogger Roccie said...

Law, Lut. That is all the info we get? Good for you. Concentrate on the positive and execute this like a job.

I like it. I obsessed w mine and look what good it did me. Sorry, I am a negative cow.

Best wishes. You will do great.

 
At 17 August, 2010 13:44, Blogger Bea said...

Well, I'm sure you'll have a damned good stab at that not-thinking-about-it stuff.

In the meantime, we'll try not to dissect the statistics too much and just keep fingers crossed for the best.

Bea

 
At 17 August, 2010 15:12, Blogger Sara said...

I think it's not possible to give it no thought, but it's possible not to obsess, or at least not too much. After all, you have the details down by now, so the only thing that's really interesting is the results, and you won't know those until the end, so what is there to think about along the way?

Good luck!

 
At 20 August, 2010 16:20, Anonymous Mrs. Hope said...

Good luck. Thinking of you.

 
At 20 August, 2010 18:48, Blogger Winnifred said...

I hope it can go somewhat un-noticed, though my personally doesn't lend it self to that at ALL. having said that, my last cycle was amazingly nearly stress free vs my previous attempts-- i didn't quite understand it but goodness knows i appreciated it!

sending you happy happy HAPPY positive thoughts and i'll be checking in for updates!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home