Sunday, August 29, 2010

Retrieved

Retrieval was yesterday. A total of 11 eggs were retrieved from 15
follicles. I'm pleased, though I realize the numbers don't guarantee
much. It means today is not 'game over' day.

It was a blessing to have the procedure in Bigger Clinic, an entire
ward dedicated to A.R.T. The contrast with Tiny Clinic could not be
greater.

I won't be getting a fert report. First news will be on day 3, telling
me whether or not I should come in for transfer.
Until then, no news is good news.


Meanwhile I'm happily reunited with Linnea. It struck me again how big
she's grown already. She'll be going to pre-school soon! Yet, in my
mind I still think of her as my 'baby'. When I'm at work, or commuting
back home, I long to be home with my 'baby'.

4 Comments:

At 29 August, 2010 20:24, Blogger Roccie said...

Eleven??? That is amazing! Fantastic news. I know we get no promises, but this sure sounds great.

I am glad you are not at Tiny Clinic too. I feel like they might have asked you to come back and hold the egg while they ICSI it.

Here is to the news you deserve on day 3.

 
At 29 August, 2010 23:53, Blogger Sara said...

11 is fantastic! I've never gotten nearly that many. Obviously it isn't a guarantee, but I like your odds a whole lot better with 11 than I would have with, say, 3.

Good luck! I hope you get great news in a few days.

 
At 30 August, 2010 02:25, Blogger My Reality said...

11 is wonderful, It can only increase your odds, no?

I hope for no news at all until day 3.

Glad you baby is home!

 
At 30 August, 2010 17:58, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Fantastic. 11 is a really great number. (It's also the number I had on my final successful cycle with my boys!)

Here's hoping no news is good news. Excited for you and happy to hear you are reunited with your baby girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home