Friday, September 17, 2010

Camp Limbo

I'm making myself comfortable for an extended weekend in Camp Limbo.
Hcg level today was 90.
Close to doubling in 48 hours (3 days have passed since the last test,
so I reckon the level should be 2.5 times higher than last time).

Higher, but not convincing - the words of the nurse who phoned me.
Well, they don't peddle in false hope - something I appreciate.

So, nothing conclusive, but I know I'm not continuing the meds for no
reason whatsoever. That's worth something, though it still feels like
clutching at straws.

Next blood draw on Tuesday. Unless I go on Monday, as the disobedient
patient I was today.

7 Comments:

At 17 September, 2010 18:07, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I'm sorry that you are in Camp Limbo, too. Not a fun place to be for the heart, soul and mind, but I hope a great weekend with Linnea will help you forget, and next week will bring better news.

Hugs.

 
At 17 September, 2010 18:56, Blogger Heather said...

I'm glad that at least you got confirmation to stay on the medicine. Instead of staying on it and not needing it.

I'm sorry it didn't give you better news and that you are still stuck in this place of not really knowing.

Wish you lived closer I'd take you out and distract you this weekend...

 
At 17 September, 2010 20:00, Blogger Roccie said...

Good point by Heather.

It will be a long wkend. I hope this bit of news helps get you to Monday.

 
At 17 September, 2010 23:06, Blogger Bea said...

Well. I guess the doubling time is very encouraging, the problem being the low base (as before). I will keep keeping everything crossed. I say have as many blood draws as will help you cope. In the meantime, I don't envy your limbo-land, I just hope it works out for the best.

Bea

 
At 18 September, 2010 02:55, Blogger Sara said...

Being a good patient is not important; staying sane is. I say get as many blood draws as you need.

Good luck Lut!

 
At 19 September, 2010 05:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did try and post a comment yesterday but it was apparently eaten (or maybe so offensive that you deleted it???)
Anyway, I have nothing wise to say (like I ever do) but I will keep quietly hoping for this one.
DinoD

 
At 20 September, 2010 02:32, Blogger My Reality said...

I am sorry for the limbo. It is a rough spot to be.

Fingers crossed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home