Thursday, September 16, 2010

Full speed

First a confession: I'm assuming the worst. I can't be sure this is a
chemical PG yet. What's more, I'm basing my assumption purely on the
words used by the doctor.

I'm still sticking my head in the sand regarding appropriate hcg
levels on day 17 after retrieval (being 14dp3dt, right?). Seeing the
odds won't make me feel better.
So, in all honesty, I don't know exactly how bad 40 is.

Meanwhile, I have the impression that the bloating is all but gone. I
can walk at full speed again. But maybe it's between my ears - and the
truth is that I'm letting myself walk at full speed again.

On an impulse, I called my RE's office and asked if I could come in
for a blood draw tomorrow. I don't want to take medication for another
3 days, if I don't have to. And I'd like to know where this is going.
If the test is inconclusive, I won't be worse off than today.

Thanks for all your words of comfort.

6 Comments:

At 16 September, 2010 22:24, Blogger Heather said...

I like the idea of another number to gauge things by...

Thinking of you.

 
At 16 September, 2010 23:58, Blogger Thalia said...

Oh Lut I'm so sorry, I missed this last step in the process. It absolutely sucks. I think you should just show up and get that test, no reason to keep torturing yourself.

I so wish this had turned out differently.

 
At 17 September, 2010 00:14, Blogger Bea said...

Well, being something of an old hand at chemical pregnancies let me say that it doesn't really matter how bad 40 is anyway. It will be, or not. I can tell you stories of betas half that where everything worked out fine, and for that matter we can all name perfectly splendid betas that didn't. I'm sure you've worked this much out on your own.

Without trying to upset your head-in-sand state, if I had a beta of 40 at 17dpr I wouldn't be happy with it either and I'd probably want a rapid followup too, to give some more info. So, I think your reaction is pretty understandable.

Bea

 
At 17 September, 2010 06:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that I'm late on this - I am just hoping, hoping, and hoping some more - limbo is no where to visit (even for a while).
DinoD

 
At 17 September, 2010 12:20, Anonymous Vee said...

Sorry you have to go through this. I am holding on to that hope for you.

 
At 17 September, 2010 19:58, Blogger Roccie said...

Thinking of you a lot. Yesterday when I drove through the intersections where I frantically pecked put notes of joy choked me up. I can't imagine how it feels on your end.

Working so very hard to get here. The wonderful news followed by crushing news. You just never know do you. My betas were good but it didn't work in the end. I hate hate hate learning too much too soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home