Thursday, March 03, 2011

Back to back

I thought back to back FETs meant 'in quick succession'. That's not
how it feels.

Once my period showed, they'd let me start taking the meds to build up
a new lining. Right?
Wrong! Continue with the suppressants for a week, then blood draw.

All right, but then surely I'll get to start. Right?
Wrong. The suppressants are working, continue for another week, then
blood draw and u/s.

What?! I've been on suppressants since January! Why wouldn't they be
working all of the sudden?
The nurse patiently explained that even after a completely medicated
cycle they have to recheck down-regulation.

So, cue blood draw and u/s this morning ... showing one or two
follicles misbehaving developing.
Oh no - they'll cancel now, surely.
Wrong! My hormone levels are low enough, so we keep moving.

At least that's something. Though after my last conversation with my
doctor it feels very much like an exercise in futility.

I'm doing ok as long as I keep busy. When I'm with Linnea, I'm
generally* very happy. But whenever there's a lull, I start thinking
about IF, and I feel miserable.

*I'll be honest, not all parts of the parenting experience are equally
fulfilling. A quick dash to the corner store turning into a long
expedition with a child determined to drag it as long as possible -
part and parcel of parenthood - but not my favourite part.

6 Comments:

At 03 March, 2011 21:43, Blogger Reba said...

hang in there...

 
At 03 March, 2011 23:43, Blogger Bea said...

Cycles dragging out longer than expected are even less fun than shopping expeditions dragging out longer than expected. Hopefully you feel like you are making more progress shortly.

Bea

 
At 04 March, 2011 15:44, Blogger Sara said...

Ugh. Limbo is so hard. I hope you get a clear timeline soon.

As for those shopping problems--I hear you. Toddlers can be trying. Delightful, but trying.

 
At 06 March, 2011 23:09, Blogger My Reality said...

I think the one thing learned from all of this - nothing ever goes like you think in cycling.

 
At 08 March, 2011 19:57, Blogger Roccie said...

Really glad you didnt end up in cystville like me.

It amazes me how the little ones can ward off evil thoughts like holy water or something. I am glad you can keep them separate.

 
At 11 March, 2011 19:53, Blogger Joey said...

I've found things can NEVER be easy or predictable in the land of ART. Keep posting! We're hoping for ya!

http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home