Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bloodwork? What bloodwork!

Oh yes, somewhere between the lab and the clinic (different entities),
the results of my bloodwork got lost. Again.

By the time I got on the phone to sort it out, it was past clinic
opening hours. So no results today.
And the lab doesn't give out results on the phone - except to
registered physicians. Sensible policy, but at a time like this
annoying.

What can I say? Ignorence is bliss.

I didn't POAS. I still haven't, and probably won't tomorrow.
Will switch off my cell phone again too at work. I know my limits, I
can't take that call at work.

In any case, the clinic's instructions would have been the same
regardless of the results. Continue with meds, test again in two days.

It could have been worse, they could have switched my results. It
happens, sometimes with dramatic results.

6 Comments:

At 29 March, 2011 22:25, Blogger My Reality said...

What a pain. Hope they find your results.

 
At 29 March, 2011 22:36, Anonymous It Is What It Is said...

Ugh, seriously, I do not understand how this happens. Your attitude is far better than mine would be.

 
At 29 March, 2011 22:39, Blogger serenity said...

Oh good grief.

Still hoping.

xoxo

 
At 30 March, 2011 00:48, Blogger Larisa said...

ugh. but must say your resolve not to test is impressive...I know I would have given in by now.

still hoping, too.

 
At 30 March, 2011 02:12, Blogger Roccie said...

We have no reason not to expect a positive. No reason.

It will be a long wait. I see your lack of testing as self control. I wish you didnt see it as a resignation to failure.

 
At 30 March, 2011 03:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know Lut - I really don't like that they test so early anyway - what would a negative or a low positive tell you at this point anyway?
It seems to make much more sense to actually wait for the next test so I can see not working too hard to obtain this first result.
Hang in there - it's not over until I sing (yeah, I'm a little overweight right now).
DinoD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home