Sunday, March 20, 2011

Today no tears

No indeed, because we did make it to transfer. Our last two embryos
survived thaw and were both transferred today. Hurray for
vitrification!

The hoped for, but unexpected, good news left me feeling a bit giddy.
I breezed into the clinic like a tourist going back to a much-visited
destination. Look, there's my favorite ice-cream parlor... I even
chatted with the woman sharing my room, something I usually don't do
(fortunately she was ok with that).

Apart from the odd feeling of nostalgia (because the end - with my/our
genes - is near?), I don't feel much hope for this FET. Sure, hope
will creep in as the testing day draws near, but in a way it seems too
laughable a notion to even entertain. Good thing I have you to hope
for me (optionally with clown's nose on).

First beta in a mere 9 days (actually to check I'm taking my meds
properly). Unfortunately I'm out of high-end HPTs, I only have one
single cheaper brand left. I'm reluctant to waste money on new ones.

11 Comments:

At 20 March, 2011 21:14, Anonymous Heidi said...

Congrats on making it to transfer!

 
At 20 March, 2011 21:23, Blogger Thalia said...

Phew. Good news.

 
At 20 March, 2011 22:06, Anonymous It is what it is said...

It is the best possible outcome...that both embryos thawed and were transferred.

Hope you can stay zen during the 2WW.

 
At 20 March, 2011 22:54, Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Hell, I'll wear the nose, wig, and giant red shoes if it helps!!!

 
At 20 March, 2011 23:01, Blogger Vee said...

So glad those two little ones behaved for you. Good Luck!

 
At 20 March, 2011 23:37, Blogger Sara said...

Clown nose is on! I always have hope for you, my friend, and am thrilled to hear that both (BOTH!) embryos made it this far.

 
At 21 March, 2011 16:51, Blogger Pam said...

Thrilled to hear both made it to transfer!!! Congratulations!

 
At 22 March, 2011 02:01, Blogger My Reality said...

Transfer is good.

Fingers crossed.

 
At 22 March, 2011 03:10, Blogger Roccie said...

I might be a broken record, so forgive me if I repeat myself. My first RE after my first failed cycle tried to talk DE. I went for a second opinion and brought Toddlerina home.

It is all timing and stuff we just dont understand.

I am so very happy to see you make it to transfer. What magnificent news!

I will be thinking of you all every single day.

 
At 22 March, 2011 15:57, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Lut, I'll join the clown brigade for you too! Hoping for good things!

 
At 25 March, 2011 23:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just here, echoing everyone else's thoughts. I will hope, wildly and with abandon so there.
DinoD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home