Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bubbles ... troubles

In brief: next attempt delayed, not yet canceled.

Somehow I forgot to post that we decided to do another cycle,
preferably before the summer.
Two weeks of suppressants duly done, so I estimated I'd start stims
right about now.

Suprise, surprise - u/s shows big round things on my ovaries.
Follicles? No - cysts, bloodwork confirms. The total lack of a period
should have been a clue.

Turns out, this a known (possible) side effect of taking suppressants
too early in a cycle.
Fab. Remind me why I had blood drawn before even starting them?

There are two options, one involves a needle, local anesthetic and
'some discomfort', the other involves more medication and at least a
month delay. Delay, ugh. Discomfort it is!

I'm feeling worn out and a bit blue, when I think about our attempt.
My mind wanders, but on failure only. And on what to do next.

2 Comments:

At 18 May, 2011 00:31, Blogger Thalia said...

it just goes on and on being rubbish, doesn't it? Sorry to hear your ovaries threw you another curve ball, I do hope they'll be more compliant next time.

 
At 18 May, 2011 14:18, Blogger Roccie said...

I hate you cycsts.

Good luck w the aspiration. The speedy path always sounds better to me as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home