Saturday, May 28, 2011

Taking flight

The aspiration was successful. It was also uncomfortable - I'm not
even sure anesthetic was used at all. And one ovary was hard to reach.
Ouch.

But it worked, and with a mere 4 days delay I was allowed to start stimming.
First u/s revealed things are moving along ok.

I'm trying to predict when retrieval might be, at the end of the
upcoming week I think.

Unless I can wiggle out from under it (unlikely), I'm going to be sent
on a business trip in June. Though it will be a welcome distraction
during the 2WW, I'm a bit concerned. Is it wise to fly? Is it safe to
go through security checkpoints etc? I'd rather not do a search on the
net, because the scaremongerers outnumber the serious sources 10 to 1.

I know 'normal' women fly without qualms, but I left 'normal' behind ages ago.

Have you flown in the 2WW?

4 Comments:

At 28 May, 2011 22:08, Blogger Thalia said...

I think we've had this conversation before, or part of it at least. It is fine. The evidence says women are LESS likely to miscarry if they fly in the first trimester than if they don't (authors suggest this is probably because it selects for those who feel well enough to fly). Along with the whole brazil nut/pineapple nonsense, it is just one of those things people will say to you but that mean nothing.

And if science doesn't work for you, I flew on day 13 post retrieval on my pregnancy with Junior having had only a so-so beta, came home on day 16 and flew on and off til 32 weeks, including quite a lot of US travel, with no observable issues.

Hang in there, it's hard to be starting again.

 
At 28 May, 2011 22:23, Blogger Summer said...

Glad to hear you are back on track with your cycle.

I've never flown before during the 2WW but I know many, many women who use donor egg IVF and travel to their clinic. They usually fly back home the first few days after transfer or sometime during their 2WW.

 
At 29 May, 2011 21:35, Blogger My Reality said...

I have my fingers crossed for this cycle. It is time you catch your break, I said so.

Luck, my friend, lots of it.

 
At 01 June, 2011 19:19, Blogger Heather said...

Wishing you lots of luck. I haven't had to fly during the 2ww, but sometimes it might have been a good idea for me to have some distractions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home