Thursday, June 23, 2011

Breezing

In brief: a benign sense of calm.

I'm hungry all the time, I feel some hint of heaviness in my abdomen,
and the duck walk can't be far off. All between my ears? Who knows.

The last two days I've been mostly stunned. I feel calm - unexpectedly so.
Sure, I can sense the shadow of fear, uncertainty and doubt creeping
in at the edges.
But, there's either going to be a baby to take home at the end of this
rainbow or there isn't. There's little I can do to make it happen.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not calm because I decided to be. No, no. I
just am, and that's fine by me. Right now I'm happy to be here, in the
running.

I've made an appointment with my RE for an u/s in 10 days time. Seems
like a perfectly absurd thing to do.

Otherwise I haven't done much, except brush up on what you're not
supposed to eat. My book on p... pr... preg... pregnancy (there, I've
said it) is in storage. Together with our stroller, the bouncer, all
the baby clothes and items that have been returned from lending out.
The book I'd like to retrieve soon, the rest I'll just finger
longingly.

9 Comments:

At 23 June, 2011 22:13, Blogger serenity said...

Calm is good. Long may it last. With a take home, healthy, and gorgeous baby at the end.

xoxo

 
At 23 June, 2011 22:48, Anonymous It Is What It Is said...

Find your calm in whichever place it manifests. Good for you!

 
At 24 June, 2011 00:44, Blogger ms. c said...

Just catching up on the news. I am very optimistic for you- and excited.
I think calm is good- for how ever long it lasts. ;)
Go retrieve that book... and have a peek at the baby stuff- if the calm persists.
Always thinking of you...

 
At 24 June, 2011 00:54, Blogger Sami said...

Calm is great... hang in there. NBHHY fingers crossed and all that good stuff.

 
At 24 June, 2011 14:58, Blogger Bea said...

Holy fuck! I fall into a hole of being-sick for several weeks straight and when I emerge wonderful things have happened! I can't wait for the ultrasound report. This is very good news.

Bea

 
At 24 June, 2011 15:23, Blogger Heather said...

That is a good place to be. Just stay calm and wait and see what is in store. I can't wait to hear the ultrasound report too.

 
At 24 June, 2011 18:50, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Take the calm while you can! I'm just thrilled for this prospect for you and hope it's smooth sailing from here.

 
At 25 June, 2011 20:12, Anonymous mrs. hope said...

Hoping the calm continues. And that the rainbow ends with a baby, of course.

 
At 27 June, 2011 20:02, Blogger Roccie said...

Long let the calm reign.

You know what you eat isnt what cancels Take Home Babies. I ate sushi once or twice early on and people freaked.

Please, you fools dont know that what kills babies is the stuff you cannot plan for, you cannot prevent, and you cannot stop.

I think denial worked well for me, up to a point.

Eager for your u/s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home